Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How do LACE your footwear?

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Shoes and casual/hiking boots get the 'normal' criss-cross pattern, while trainers and footy boots get the ladder treatment...

I daresay NSC's resident stylissimos have many variations to share?

Bring it right ON!!

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Velcro. Reach a certain age and you'll join me.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Velcro. Reach a certain age and you'll join me.

Good shout :lolol:

Someone once told me a) footy hooligans and b) alcoholics wore Chelsea/dealer boots, as a) the law wouldn't impound your footwear if you got pinched at a game, and put in the cells, as there were no laces and b) when you got home rat-arsed, you didn't have laces to contend with when getting undressed :lolol:

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I use cross cross now but used to prefer ladders, don't know when I changed, when i was an early teenager I remember I used to do my laces like this........
419BB6DC-19E7-4582-BE5E-872534DC65E6-2162-000000D8C844F041_zps54dd3e92.jpg

I used to think I was really cool:facepalm:

Brian Parsons

May 16, 2013
Bicester, Oxfordshire.
When in the RAF we had to lace our boots/shoes ladder style. The reason we were told was it was easier to cut through the laces if it was neccesary to cut your shoes off. This was confirmed by my sister in law who was a staff nurse.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I've got one bit at the bottom where my lace broke tied in a knot to keep that bit together and another bit at the top which I tie in a bow on my left shoe and a broken lace with three knots in it that won't go through the holes properly so just goes up one side half way and I tie it in a sort of half bow on the right shoe. I should buy some new laces.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I use cross cross now but used to prefer ladders, don't know when I changed, when i was an early teenager I remember I used to do my laces like this........
419BB6DC-19E7-4582-BE5E-872534DC65E6-2162-000000D8C844F041_zps54dd3e92.jpg

I used to think I was really cool:facepalm:

Did you have a lot of time on your hands?

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
So I was told by this old boy that " during the war " all British forces had ladder pattern laces and I believe allies too as the Japs and Jerrys had criss cross laces.
So the Gurkas fighting the jungle type warfare coud creep up on people feel their laces and if if they were criss cross slot them.
Sounds far fetched but ya never know !! I love listening to the old folk they have some great stories to tell.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here