Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar has identified targets...

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
From the Argus:

Jones said: “We are looking to strengthen the squad. The thing is it is a good squad and any additions have to be good because we don’t just add bodies, we add people that actually improve the squad.

“There is definitely progress. The manager has identified ones he wants and it is about trying to get those.”

So based on that, it blows the theory out the water that Oscar is not involved in transfer activity, and secondly a slip of the tongue calling Oscar the Manager!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Confident that we'll be signing some quality players myself, I suggest Oscar had certain provisos re transfer funds before he signed.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
As the Assistant Manager in the beardy gang, Nathan must know who the Manager is.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I should imagine the "targets" will be from Spain or picked from the list that Burke has.

Bit worried if we're only now trying to get those, I won't be surprised if come next Saturday we've only added 1 possibly 2 to the team.

let's hope the key players don't get injured in pre-season!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Haven't we got a week and half left?

Until Leeds. Last year we got Orlandi, Hammond, Spanish Dave, and Dobbie in at the end of August, 3 weeks or so after the season started.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I have no doubt that we will sign players, I just dont believe they will be with us before the Leeds game, it will be lastminute.com

Gus made the point last season and I agree with him, the Transfer Market should shut before the season starts so everyone knows where they stand, obviously this doesnt work out due to leagues around europe starting at different points.

Also to remember the Prem teams have to announce there 25 man squads, I'm not sure of that date, so we may see some more transfer activity after that point.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I think he means six weeks until the end of the transfer window as opposed to the start of the season.

I think we have a right to be a little miffed at the mo. Adding to a squad has to go right to the end of the transfer window nowadays but we look a bit short at the moment

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
dont care as i feel we are 4 or 5 players short if we want to be taken serious

We'll be fine mate, we have a top 8 squad as it is, we just need two or three additions and we'll be in the play offs again. Don't panic.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
We've got 6 weeks yet. Yes, our first team isn't complete but as long as we've enough for the next 3 or 4 weeks we'll be OK.

I think he means six weeks until the end of the transfer window as opposed to the start of the season.

Until Leeds. Last year we got Orlandi, Hammond, Spanish Dave, and Dobbie in at the end of August, 3 weeks or so after the season started.

I think we have a right to be a little miffed at the mo. Adding to a squad has to go right to the end of the transfer window nowadays but we look a bit short at the moment

If we sign Kemy we've enough to get us through the first few matches. The bigger players will come after Leeds and Derby I think, like last year, who are being excluded from the first couple of games squads who fancy dropping down a little to get playtime.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
dont care as i feel we are 4 or 5 players short if we want to be taken serious

I think the point that Nathan Jones is making is precisely that we are not. We shouldn't just be adding players for the sake of it, we should be landing only the players we really want, even if that takes a couple of extra weeks. If, as I suspect, our style of play will change slightly and OG trusts the dev team more then we may not actually be as weak as many think.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
We'll be fine mate, we have a top 8 squad as it is, we just need two or three additions and we'll be in the play offs again. Don't panic.

This. Losing Bridge and letting Lopez go is a shame, but the additions of Ulloa and Upson mean that we currently have a stronger squad than we did up until January last season.

There's no need to panic buy before Leeds. The current squad of players will easily see us through to the end of August without having to play anyone out on their depth due to injuries or suspensions.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
We'll be fine mate, we have a top 8 squad as it is, ...

No chance, we can put a reasonable starting eleven out yes, but there is little flair or experience in the rest of the squad, injuries and suspensions will see us flounder,......5 players at least, two fullbacks, two decent mid fielders and another experienced attacking option.

These figures will obviously vary depending on the in's and outs of existing players in the club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here