Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shuttle tractor to the Amex

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Ive heard that the farmer who owns the land from woodingdean to the Amex is starting a TRACTOR SHUTTLE service it's going to pick up to 30 people at a time and cut straight across the fields to the stadium if this is a success he plans to run more than one tractor shuttle on match days, think its a great idea myself he said the price would be about £1 for a return journey so easy access to the ground and a tractor ride thrown in as well the kids will love it

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
tractor-trali-overload-funny.jpg

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It'll be shut down by the council within two matches on 'safety grounds'.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Ive heard that the farmer who owns the land from woodingdean to the Amex is starting a TRACTOR SHUTTLE service it's going to pick up to 30 people at a time and cut straight across the fields to the stadium if this is a success he plans to run more than one tractor shuttle on match days, think its a great idea myself he said the price would be about £1 for a return journey so easy access to the ground and a tractor ride thrown in as well the kids will love it

Great idea if true. I wonder if he's thought about investing in those large plastic interlocking slats that they use for temporary car parks at summer events? Obviously not a problem for this weekend with the ground (currently) baked hard, but it would be useful in winter. He could stop farming and go into the car park and transport business!

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Brilliant idea. I don't think he will be met with much opposition as who cares if someone drives over their own land. He would already drive over it regularly. And the club should show support for it if he is met with opposition as it will help them out, if only by a small amount. And it will really improve the match day for any kids who go on it.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
please let this be true. i reckon people will go to Woodingdean just for the laugh.

he wont be able to do it

why not? any actually facts or speculation? dont invoke H&S, lets assume safety assessment is made and provisions for safety are in place.

Bognor Bystander

Looking for a new job
Oct 7, 2010
Bognor Regis
I would think he will need some public liability insurance in case of accidents but tractor shuttles sound fun and already operate successfully at Goodwood Revival where they ferry people round the fields on the edge of the racetrack. Hope it happens :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here