Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Prince's Trust

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I'm planning on applying for a job there and wondered if anyone here has done work with them or worked for them and could give me a heads up on what they are like. Heard good press about them as an employer.

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
I'm planning on applying for a job there and wondered if anyone here has done work with them or worked for them and could give me a heads up on what they are like. Heard good press about them as an employer.

I think Camilla does the interviewing there.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I'm a mentor for them, meaning that I team up with businesses they invest in and help (or "help", depending on your pov!) the manager(s) make a success of their venture. I think it's a brilliant organisation, helping seriously disadvantaged young people, many of whom have been drug addicts &/or in the nick, set up businesses. They have far more success in getting businesses past the 24 month life stage than do banks or other sources of finance (about 3x as good last time I checked). As an employer? Hmmm - I'd say somewhat public sector in their approach - it's rare that they will lay people off and I doubt it's the most thrilling or dynamic organisation you could pick. But, the job would be pretty secure and you would, imo, be contributing to something that genuinely tries to make a difference.

Good luck if you go for it.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I'm a mentor for them, meaning that I team up with businesses they invest in and help (or "help", depending on your pov!) the manager(s) make a success of their venture. I think it's a brilliant organisation, helping seriously disadvantaged young people, many of whom have been drug addicts &/or in the nick, set up businesses. They have far more success in getting businesses past the 24 month life stage than do banks or other sources of finance (about 3x as good last time I checked). As an employer? Hmmm - I'd say somewhat public sector in their approach - it's rare that they will lay people off and I doubt it's the most thrilling or dynamic organisation you could pick. But, the job would be pretty secure and you would, imo, be contributing to something that genuinely tries to make a difference.

Good luck if you go for it.

Thanks mate. That's about what I thought. My background is public sector in enterprise and wanted to do something closer to the ground so hopefully this will give me a leg in.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Thanks mate. That's about what I thought. My background is public sector in enterprise and wanted to do something closer to the ground so hopefully this will give me a leg in.

Given your background and stated desires, I'd say it's a decent shout.... Good luck.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here