Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any Falmer Road Walkers

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
Following the demise of the R bus I am going to try walking from Woodingdean to the Amex for the Villareal game, I have seen people walking along but cannot work out where the path starts/ends does anybody know? I know they are putting in a new path but driving past it does not look anywhere near finished!

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Safety in numbers, walk together as a "walking bus". Sounds naff but it's not such a bad idea.

PG

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
According to Skippers Sister, as of yesterday it appears to be finished down to the police Dog exercising lay-by. That's about halfway for those that are not aware what goes on in that neck of the woods.

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
A few in the downs then joy ride the digger down to the ground.

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
Has the R bus gone for good?

If you live in Woodingdean, Ovingdean, or Rottingdean you now have to get the bus into town and get the train or 25 back to just up the road from where you live. You still have yo pay the extra £50 travel added to your ST last season....or pay an extra £75 on top of the £50 already paid. £91 for a meal in 101 now. Booking fees on every transaction. This is starting to get costly! A tad unfair IMHO.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
If you live in Woodingdean, Ovingdean, or Rottingdean you now have to get the bus into town and get the train or 25 back to just up the road from where you live. You still have yo pay the extra £50 travel added to your ST last season....or pay an extra £75 on top of the £50 already paid. £91 for a meal in 101 now. Booking fees on every transaction. This is starting to get costly! A tad unfair IMHO.

What? Jesus I can't believe I missed this. Like I said I've been away but I never got any literature informing me of this? I didn't get an email about this. I can only assume it was sneaked into a Paul Barber email?

This is a total disgrace. Why just the R? You either run the transport or you don't. So now they are picking and choosing what areas to service. I bought a season ticket 2 years ago and part of that sale to me included the transport. I'm pretty pissed off that I didn't get a personal letter informing me of this. This seriously effects if I have a season ticket or not. There's no way I can go to any evening games if I can't use the R bus. Or unless I pay £75.

Can someone link something that says this officially, I can't see it online. Honestly if this is true. I'm cancelling my Direct Debt and Barber can get stuffed!

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
What? Jesus I can't believe I missed this. Like I said I've been away but I never got any literature informing me of this? I didn't get an email about this. I can only assume it was sneaked into a Paul Barber email?

This is a total disgrace. Why just the R? You either run the transport or you don't. So now they are picking and choosing what areas to service. I bought a season ticket 2 years ago and part of that sale to me included the transport. I'm pretty pissed off that I didn't get a personal letter informing me of this. This seriously effects if I have a season ticket or not. There's no way I can go to any evening games if I can't use the R bus. Or unless I pay £75.

Can someone link something that says this officially, I can't see it online. Honestly if this is true. I'm cancelling my Direct Debt and Barber can get stuffed!

It's the special bus services ie R S P & H.
The other alternative is to drive to the Racecourse and get the P&R bus which is still included in your travel levy.

There is some info in this.
http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/matchday-travel-advice-932461.aspx

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
It's the special bus services ie R S P & H.
The other alternative is to drive to the Racecourse and get the P&R bus which is still included in your travel levy.

There is some info in this.
http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/matchday-travel-advice-932461.aspx

So who is running the new service?
It says you can pre book, but can you book that for individual games? If so it might not be too bad. I'll only need it on evening games.

Sorry if I'm doing a fixtures.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I walked it for the Blackpool game last season. The track started by the verge in Woodingdean and finished just by the farm shop opposite the stadium. Does anyone know when the path will be finished and whether it is still walkable while they build the new path?

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I walked it for the Blackpool game last season. The track started by the verge in Woodingdean and finished just by the farm shop opposite the stadium. Does anyone know when the path will be finished and whether it is still walkable while they build the new path?

You're not in the SAS are you?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
So who is running the new service?
It says you can pre book, but can you book that for individual games? If so it might not be too bad. I'll only need it on evening games.

Sorry if I'm doing a fixtures.

Seagulls Travel. I think it's £3 odd for each game.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Seagulls Travel. I think it's £3 odd for each game.

Cheers Thunder bolt! I've just looked at the website. I will just buy the odd match when I need to. Thing is I think this whole thing smacks of cost cutting, I actually think Perry's excuses for cutting the services of the specials a little insulting. Do they really think fans are stupid? I mean saying they cut it because it was unsafe is total balls. It's more unsafe to re route thousands of supporters through town and like me onto the trains. Because a crush at the station is way safer than queing for the specials. For the record, I thought the specials were superb, I am really annoyed they cut them. They are pissing off a lot of people, me included. I really am getting closer and closer to cancelling my debit. Honestly, Barber and co have turned me from a loyal supporter to a fickle one. If the team don't make it worth turning up on the pitch, then I'm off. If the football is no good I'm not gonna pay a fortune to watch crap, and at the moment it's just getting more and more expensive and now the transport is a real hassle for me. So if the team don't perform, it's bye bye. This is the age of the customer (so says barber) and the service Bhafc are giving to this particular customer, is getting worse!:rant:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here