Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I'm going to the Alpha papa film premiere

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
I won tickets to go to the film premiere in Norwich tomorrow, I'm a huge partridge/Coogan fan and can't bloody wait. Its been getting great reviews so all you partridge fans I'll try and post a review up tomorrow, alcohol permitting. Back of the net :)

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I won tickets to go to the film premiere in Norwich tomorrow, I'm a huge partridge/Coogan fan and can't bloody wait. Its been getting great reviews so all you partridge fans I'll try and post a review up tomorrow, alcohol permitting. Back of the net :)

Brilliant. Lets hope it's as good as we hope

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I got tickets for the Duke of Yorks with Coogan doing a talk after the film. Can't wait. Jack-a-nak-a-nory.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Dan! Dan! Dan! Dan! Dan!
image.jpg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Is this film about the oil rig?

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
I'm sorry but what is the obsession with him? I just don't find him funny at all, and his new film looks totally and utterly shit. Even Odeon have a feeling it will pan when it is released, especially it being released in the middle of the School Holidays.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm sorry but what is the obsession with him? I just don't find him funny at all, and his new film looks totally and utterly shit. Even Odeon have a feeling it will pan when it is released, especially it being released in the middle of the School Holidays.

His character just PERFECTLY sums up a certain type of middle Englander. It's an incredibly well observed character, and some of his comments are completely hilarious.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think I will pass, going by the Trailer. The film looks extremely low budget and some awful comments thrown in.

The fact you comment on it being "low budget" suggests you completely miss the point of Partridge. He is low budget, low quality, all his celeb friends are F or even G-list popularity. He is a celebration of middle England mediocrity.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
The fact you comment on it being "low budget" suggests you completely miss the point of Partridge. He is low budget, low quality, all his celeb friends are F or even G-list popularity. He is a celebration of middle England mediocrity.

If you ever need to explain why somethings funny to someone, its just not worth it.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
His character just PERFECTLY sums up a certain type of middle Englander. It's an incredibly well observed character, and some of his comments are completely hilarious.

a bit like Basily Fawlty that the previous poster seems a bit keen on

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here