Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is there a way to properly ignore someone on this forum?

Kosmonaut

Proud Hoveonian
Feb 10, 2013
Hove
There are a couple of people here who make me want to punch the wall repeatedly, however whenever I see the "This message is hidden because StupidMoron is on your ignore list. View Post" button, I cannot resist the urge to view the post and make myself rage (some kind of masochism I suppose). I remember on another forum I frequented it was possible to remove this button and simply have their posts and names not show up at all by editing the user settings, but I cannot seem to find any setting allowing me to do that here, is there one? And if not, admins can I request this functionality be added? Cheers!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
There are a couple of people here who make me want to punch the wall repeatedly, however whenever I see the "This message is hidden because StupidMoron is on your ignore list. View Post" button, I cannot resist the urge to view the post and make myself rage (some kind of masochism I suppose). I remember on another forum I frequented it was possible to remove this button and simply have their posts and names not show up at all by editing the user settings, but I cannot seem to find any setting allowing me to do that here, is there one? And if not, admins can I request this functionality be added? Cheers!

And then some idiot goes and QUOTES them, and you see it anyway :nono:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
But, if we could do this it would mean that Hove, Bald and Unread would cease to exist ? Well, unless you read The Daily Mail.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
ONLY A COUPLE?!?!?!?!?!?!
You are a tolerant, tolerant chap.
My 'ignore list' contains over twenty tosspots.

Give him time, he's only been here a few of months.

Oh and none on my list.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
ONLY A COUPLE?!?!?!?!?!?!
You are a tolerant, tolerant chap.
My 'ignore list' contains sixteen tosspots (and counting)

Oh yes I had plenty on mine too
but took them all off because I had nothing to laugh at :lolol:

Ulloa's Soul Patch

The Cyclone!
Mar 5, 2013
Just above the chin.

The only solution is to kill them

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
Calm down dear, calm down, cancel your ignore list and celebrate our diversity. Everyone has a right to an opinion even when they are wrong.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
i only have two people on ignore, i used to do the same, it was like i was giving them a chance ... i thought 'oh, maybe this post wont be a load of utter shit' but nope, it continued to be utter utter shit. After you realise that people don't change you just forget about that 'view post' button.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

If you block them they win. The only true path to victory is to be able to read their shitty posts, and to still manage to successfully get on with your life despite them.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here