Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cyclists who ride on the road and ignore traffic lights

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Just seen 3 bikes do this at the intersection on London road by Aldi one nearly got flattened by a bus, I know it's been done to death but is this actually against the law? I don't have an issue with cyclists but if you're going to cycle on roads surely you have to abide by the laws of the road?

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Of course it's against the law.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Just seen 3 bikes do this at the intersection on London road by Aldi one nearly got flattened by a bus, I know it's been done to death but is this actually against the law? I don't have an issue with cyclists but if you're going to cycle on roads surely you have to abide by the laws of the road?

That is terrible!

Still, hopefully more luck next time. :thumbsup:

Nothing surprises me with these shits that ride pushbikes.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
That is terrible!

Still, hopefully more luck next time. :thumbsup:

Nothing surprises me with these shits that ride pushbikes.

Nice trolling again, @Pork Pie. But we're not going to let you wind us all up this time, la, la, la.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
The more its done whilst illegal it starts to become more socially acceptable, just like smoking canibiss.

They should all be shot without trial or drivers should have the right to run over offenders once the lights have changed.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Saw an idiot cyclist this afternoon nearly mangled by a car as he decided to cut through the pub car park instead of stopping at the roundabout to give way and emerging back onto the main road without worrying about the flow of traffic he was entering.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Had an incident a few months ago where I was crossing at a pedestrian crossing (on foot) and a cyclist tried to jump the lights. He slammed on the brakes to avoid hitting me, but then tried to carry on. I told him that he had to wait for the red light to go green, which he wasn't too happy about. but nevertheless complied with, probably because I was standing in front of him. Then as the lights changed, he tried to pull away, and gloriously, it emerged that his tyre had burst when he braked to avoid me. Marvellous scenes.

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
And I have seen many car drivers going through red lights often in excess of the speed limit, I've seen cyclists forced off the road by careless lorry drivers and threatened by pedestrians determined to walk 3 abreast down the cycle lane. But lets blame all the highway code breaches on the poor bloody push bike riders.

How many of you car drivers can honestly say that you never break any driving rules, never do 35 in a 30 limit, never go through even an amber light? And you are driving a lethal weapon, so sort your own driving out before you run others down, pun intended.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Precious . Go to London where cyclists are aggressive and don't obey anything .

Cyclists down here are good and jumping the odd light is ok

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
2 bike threads in a week. AARGH!!!

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Cyclists in Brighton are a nightmare. Hands up some are ok but most of them are a liability. Smug, aggressive wastes of skin.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Cyclists down here are good and jumping the odd light is ok
Well it's not ok with me :angry:

They have a separate cycle lane, yet they choose to cycle on the road and jump lights, skimming past little children. Scumbags.

£1.99

Mar 3, 2008
Car drivers hate cyclists. Cyclists hate car drivers.
Can't we all just live in harmony with each other ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here