Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New season tickets and new wallets

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm glad we're getting the fixture list as well although the wallets must be costing a fair bit.

http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/new-smartcards-being-despatched-938469.aspx

1901 Club members and new season ticket holders will soon be receiving their new 2013/14 smartcards in the post.

For existing season ticket holders their smartcards from last season will remain valid but new season ticket holders and those who have moved or changed age bracket will receive a brand new card.

The brand new wallet being introduced for the new season will indicate the level of membership each fan is and will include a full fixture list, and all members and season ticket holders will receive theirs in the post.

1901 members should expect to receive their wallet and smartcard in the post by Friday 26th July, and season ticket holders should receive theirs by Wednesday August7th.

If supporters have not received their cards or wallets by the dates stated please contact supporter.services@bhafc.co.uk. For 1901 Club members please contact 1901@bhafc.co.uk.
Read more at http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/arti...ng-despatched-938469.aspx#hLJJOIAqkC3KgWfs.99

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm glad we're getting the fixture list as well although the wallets must be costing a fair bit.

I may well be proved wrong when I recieve the things, but I would imagine that 'wallet' means a thin plastic cover for the card and a fixture list, that would have cost significantly less than the 47p it is costing for the stamp to post them.

nail-Z

Jul 10, 2003
North Somerset
The brand new wallet being introduced for the new season will indicate the level of membership each fan is and will include a full fixture list, and all members and season ticket holders will receive theirs in the post.

Clever - giving the uber fans their own special wallet to go LORDING it around the Amex. I bet some will upgrade just for the wallet.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Yes great! But what about actually processing the Leeds and Birmingham tickets!

I can't see the Leeds tickets being posted out until the early part of next week and I expect the same to be true with the Birmingham tickets a fortnight later.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
What a massive completely stupid waste of money, who really cares who is a platium/gold/1901 member except for a few who believe they are better than the rest (two NSC posters immediately spring to mind but you will always get a few).

I carry our three ST's in my own wallet so will have absolutly no need for a new one, surely the £1,000's spent on these wallet and postages could be much better spent of stuff that is important.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
If I've not received my paper tickets for Villarreal and Norwich should i be worried?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I carry our three ST's in my own wallet so will have absolutly no need for a new one,.

that.

they will have cost PENCE though, so its not worth getting too fussed about. Some people will like them.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
that's me xcrewed - arriving back in UK on fhe afternoon of the Newport game and was told my old 1901 pass was good but would have to pay again for parking. No chance of a 400 mile round trip to pick up new tickets.
.E-mailed and told to phone in ......... from overseas on a premium line - no chance! Not sure I now feel inclined to bother rushing over from Dover for what is essentially a competitive friendly. All these changes of direction are becoming a little irksome.

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
What a massive completely stupid waste of money, who really cares who is a platium/gold/1901 member except for a few who believe they are better than the rest (two NSC posters immediately spring to mind but you will always get a few).

I carry our three ST's in my own wallet so will have absolutly no need for a new one, surely the £1,000's spent on these wallet and postages could be much better spent of stuff that is important.
I doubt it's even £100s. Even back in the Goldstone days we had plastic wallets for our STs. I still have one from the 80's or 90's somewhere. I suspect they cost somewhere around 10p each.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
23,000 stamps + 23,000 wallets + 23,000 envelopes = at least one full time employee's salary for the year

It's not 23000 though is it!? NEW season ticket holders only + 1901 members = probably circa 5000 tops?

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
The club can't even give stuff away without somebody whining like a baby. Perhaps we shouldn't have season tickets at all. make fans pay full price every match to generate more money. Next, someone will cry about the club losing money by having sales in the new year! :cry:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
that's me xcrewed - arriving back in UK on fhe afternoon of the Newport game and was told my old 1901 pass was good but would have to pay again for parking. No chance of a 400 mile round trip to pick up new tickets.
.E-mailed and told to phone in ......... from overseas on a premium line - no chance! Not sure I now feel inclined to bother rushing over from Dover for what is essentially a competitive friendly. All these changes of direction are becoming a little irksome.

Did you e-mail the club ? If you did , why not try sending a personal e-mail to Paul Barber explaining the circumstances as you may have been given a scripted reply in the first place ?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It's not 23000 though is it!? NEW season ticket holders only + 1901 members = probably circa 5000 tops?

Yes , only being sent out to new STH's , 1901ers and those who have moved seats.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Yes , only being sent out to new STH's , 1901ers and those who have moved seats.

Not how I read it...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here