Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

froch v groves confirmed

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012

Can't wait for this. These two are probably my favourite boxers at the moment and I honestly don't mind who wins as long as there is no controversy. My money will be on Froch to win by stoppage in the later rounds, although if Groves goes in with a good game plan (and Adam Booth is one of the best trainers in the sport for those...) then I wouldn't be surprised if Groves wins on points.

With regards to it being too early for George - maybe it is, but he is the mandatory so he has to take these opportunities when he gets them. I'd rather have seen him take Robert Steiglitz title off him then face Froch in a unification fight, however that has evidently not materialised so now is Groves chance. If Groves does lose then its not a disaster for him (unless he is blasted out very quickly), he is still high in the rankings for other titles plus the rematch with that prick James Degale to fall back on.

A lot of questions to be answered in this fight, is it too early for Groves? Will Groves chin stand up to Froch's heavy combination punches? Will Froch underestimate Groves?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Agreed a big gamble. Maybe the Groves camp think Froch doesn't have too many big fights left in him. He has been through some tear ups.

The sparring with Kessler may also have told them if he is ready. Didn't Froch claim Groves kept getting knocked out in training as well ?
Yes mate froch has said exactly that and I know he really got the needle with groves helping Kessler out before their fight, also agree that they may feel froch is their for the taking, as you said he has been in some wars and some promoters/managers seem to have the knack of sussing it out , as Warren did with kostya tsyu for Ricky Hatton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here