Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gawd bless ESPN for trying with soccer in America.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As hysterical levels of expectation for our football team have finally left, they only go and pop up across the pond.

According to PtI this 9 game unbeaten run represents knock-out stages of the World Cup, because 'we shouldn't get carried away with ourselves'.

United States 4-3 Germany (around the time of Champions League final)
Jamaica........ 1-2 United States
United States 2-0 Panama
United States 1-0 Honduras
United States 6-0 Guatemala
Belize........... 1-6 United States
United States 4-1 Cuba
United States 1-0 Costa Rica
United States 5-1 El Salvador.

9 games 7 at home.
I know England would win them, but I'd image Wales, Ireland & Scotchland could too, and I don't see any of those reaching the knock out stages, anytime soon.

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
As hysterical levels of expectation for our football team have finally left, they only go and pop up across the pond.

According to PtI this 9 game unbeaten run represents knock-out stages of the World Cup, because 'we shouldn't get carried away with ourselves'.

United States 4-3 Germany (around the time of Champions League final)
Jamaica........ 1-2 United States
United States 2-0 Panama
United States 1-0 Honduras
United States 6-0 Guatemala
Belize........... 1-6 United States
United States 4-1 Cuba
United States 1-0 Costa Rica
United States 5-1 El Salvador.

9 games 7 at home.
I know England would win them, but I'd image Wales, Ireland & Scotchland could too, and I don't see any of those reaching the knock out stages, anytime soon.

they got to the knock-out stages of the last world cup

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm struggling to see how beating Belize equates to World Cup 2nd round/quarter finals.

I guess we should be pleased our media wouldn't fall into that trap. :jester:

I don't care how much they talk themselves up, I say good luck to them. Even the Americans, "soccer" and ESPN are better viewing than Tim Lovejoy and BT Sport are ever going to be! :sick:

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
I don't care how much they talk themselves up, I say good luck to them. Even the Americans, "soccer" and ESPN are better viewing than Tim Lovejoy and BT Sport are ever going to be! :sick:
You mean the ESPN that will be owned by BT Sport from August 1st? :lolol:

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
ESPN will be gone from all platforms by the end of July.
No it won't. I will be getting it on Sky for free as part of the free BT Sports deal for changing ISPs.
I can't wait to see the baseball. Go Diamondbacks!

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
No it won't. I will be getting it on Sky for free as part of the free BT Sports deal for changing ISPs.
I can't wait to see the baseball. Go Diamondbacks!

You are a Dbacks fan??!!!??? Good man - but why?

I'll be at Chase Field on Friday.

You mean the ESPN that will be owned by BT Sport from August 1st? :lolol:

ESPN which is pretty good at the mo about to get shafted by BT!

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
You are a Dbacks fan??!!!??? Good man - but why?

I'll be at Chase Field on Friday.
Cool. Enjoy! I first discovered the joys of baseball around the turn of the 21st century. I wanted to pick a team to support without being a glory hunter so I chose the Dbacks because they were a new team. I liked the name Diamondbacks too. It has a ring to it.

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
ESPN which is pretty good at the mo about to get shafted by BT!

Can I borrow your crystal ball? I'd like to slag things off before anyone has seen them too.

Can I borrow your crystal ball? I'd like to slag things off before anyone has seen them too.

Be sure to let me know how it works out for you.

Oh and I see you're getting it for free. If you wasn't getting it for free, would you pay for it?

Last edited:

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
They usually get to the knock out stages. To be honest, they're probably a better team than England are anyway. For a start we wouldn't beat Germany whoever they fielded.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Klinsmann seems to be doing a pretty good job with them. They have passion and grit, somethings the English team had once

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Klinsmann seems to be doing a pretty good job with them. They have passion and grit, somethings the English team had once
Didn't you (America) want him out 6 months ago?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here