Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

10:31 9th July 2013 - "The club is recruiting for a Ticketing Operations Manager ..."

zego

Jul 10, 2003
10:31 9th July 2013 - "The club is recruiting for a Ticketing Operations Manager ..."

Full text on official site:
www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/ticketing-operations-manager-917345.aspx

Applications must be in by 5pm Sunday, interviews start next day, completed by end of week.

Get in there!!

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
10:31 9th July 2013 - "The club is recruiting for a Ticketing Operations Mana...

Hope the get a move on I haven't received my Leeds ticket yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I wouldn't take that job on for £30k. Seems pretty undervalued given the bad PR you have to deal with when something almost unavoidably goes wrong.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
10:31 9th July 2013 - "The club is recruiting for a Ticketing Operations Manage

Really? It strikes me as being way above the going rate for a comparable job in the public sector.

Exactly, especially if you happen to support the club. Honestly, youngsters these days need to get realistic.

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London

Exactly, especially if you happen to support the club. Honestly, youngsters these days need to get realistic.

Eh? It's a ticketing operations manager, it's not a striker for the first team. Hardly the height of glamour. A dull job sat behind a desk, I wouldn't take it for 30K either.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
10:31 9th July 2013 - "The club is recruiting for a Ticketing Operations Mana...

The job title sounds important but 30k doesn't seem much for someone responsible for 10m in income each year.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

30k a year? I don't need a job but I'd jump at that. No wonder the country's in a state if people think that's a crap wage for an office job.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

30k a year? I don't need a job but I'd jump at that. No wonder the country's in a state if people think that's a crap wage for an office job.

It is a decent wage for an office/admin job; it's not a great wage for someone managing the sales relating to the club's main revenue stream.

It is a decent wage for an office/admin job; it's not a great wage for someone managing the sales relating to the club's main revenue stream.
Except that the post is responsible to the Head of Ticketing & Supporter Services who seems to be the person who actually manages the overall ticketing process.

I'm not having a gripe, btw. And it's impossible from outside the organisation to have a clear view of how actual responsibilities and accountabilities are divided up. My earlier speculative comparison with public sector salaries is based on the fact that there are administrative staff with comparable roles in the public sector who are earning less than the Albion are offering for this job.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here