Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The "Plastic Support" Argument

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
We have been beaten with the "plastic supporter's" stick for the past 2 seasons now.

Found this little nugget by SB from CPFC2010

It has been discussed so many times on here already but.....yes we are going to make buying tickets for A grade games (Spurs, Arsenal, Man Utd etc) difficult in order to put off the plastics. We want real Palace fans in the home areas. We could just sell them to anyone who wants them at £60+ but that's not what we're about.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Plastics is a term for people who don't go to watch a team they claim to 'support.' The moment they watch their team in person, they are not plastics.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Such a ****.

Just using language his fans like to use to sound 'cool'.

These 'real' Palace fans I guess he is speaking of are the ones who have not been bothered about the team since their last visit to The Premier League?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
By 'plastics' he means 'plastic away fans'.
If they don't want to cash in then fine: we can just laugh at the yawning gaps in their stands.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
...anyway.

Prepare for a barrage of these 'Plastic Palace fans' on this thread VERY soon.

I'm off!

No chance they are signing Carlton cole shortly so I fully expect another palace fan thread crowing about this latest landmark acquisition

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
As a Palace fan I find the word plastics for fans that actully go to games just silly.

If your (any team in the football league) is doing well and you have a nice ground (BHA) fans will come and hopefully stay.

A plastic fan is the fan with a 10 year old Man u shirt on, watching them in a pub on a sunday afternoon and claiming that his a true fan although he has never actully seen them live or in fact been north of Godstone.

Well thats my take on it!!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
As a Palace fan I find the word plastics for fans that actully go to games just silly.

If your (any team in the football league) is doing well and you have a nice ground (BHA) fans will come and hopefully stay.

A plastic fan is the fan with a 10 year old Man u shirt on, watching them in a pub on a sunday afternoon and claiming that his a true fan although he has never actully seen them live or in fact been north of Godstone.

Correct

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean

Please can you explain that to some of the inbreds that pop up on here on a regular basis?

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Every club needs support in a whole host of different types whether they are in it the for long haul, JCL's or Plastics. It's all about bums on seats and I for one don't care what they are as long as they are paying hard earned money to my club.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004

You are of course completely correct. Our 'new / returning fans' have now spent £500 a year for 3 years to watch Championship football... surely not plastic?

Can you please let the rest of your fans know!

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
You are of course completely correct. Our 'new / returning fans' have now spent £500 a year for 3 years to watch Championship football... surely not plastic?

Can you please let the rest of your fans know!

I can only presume they are younger than me, as I allways think of BHA and Palace back in the 70s and 80s with roughly the same hardcore support, when we were doing poorly support dropped as it did for Brighton and vise a versa.

But I would hope a lot of it is just banter....and of course Major likes to stir it up a bit that does get a bit tiresome...but hay ho it a football forum.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
I can only presume they are younger than me, as I allways think of BHA and Palace back in the 70s and 80s with roughly the same hardcore support, when we were doing poorly support dropped as it did for Brighton and vise a versa.

But I would hope a lot of it is just banter....and of course Major likes to stir it up a bit that does get a bit tiresome...but hay ho it a football forum.

Is there any more news on what is going to happen to Selhurst? Has you PL windfall changed things at all?

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003

Will you please stop it with these sensible posts, you're a Palace fan, so please just spout bile and bollocks like 99% of the other Palace fans who post on here. Thanking you in advance.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle

Very much this. I have infinitely more respect for a Palace fan for supporting their local team than someone who 'supports' Man U from the comfort of their armchair

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Who really cares if person one spent their cash watching Boston on a cold Tuesday and person B did not.

It's just as tiresome as the sneering snobbery of I'm a real Brightonian, you're not.

Let people think what they want. Live and let live.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Will you please stop it with these sensible posts, you're a Palace fan, so please just spout bile and bollocks like 99% of the other Palace fans who post on here. Thanking you in advance.

Sorry i dont know what came over me....your all just a bunch of gaylords who only turn up now you have padded seats.

Is that better.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here