Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Thing is a large amount of people following football now wouldn't be old enough to remember Mullery's era.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
another vote for Gus. suffered some of my most miserable Brighton games under the management of Mullery

Really! Which games were they and were they really more miserable than losing to Palace and seeing them disappear into the horizon where the streets are paved with gold?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Yes he saved us at the death having virtually had us relegated so he wasnt a very good manager in general terms, although it must be said that he was working under great pressure and constraints.

Ummm:

"Gritt was made manager of Brighton & Hove Albion in 1996, who were at the time eleven points adrift at the bottom of the Football League. He was able to turn Brighton's form around, and they successfully avoided relegation to the Conference on the final day of the 1996–97 season. Brighton were never in danger of relegation the following season, but the club's board had higher expectations and Gritt was fired in 1998.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Yes he saved us at the death having virtually had us relegated so he wasnt a very good manager in general terms, although it must be said that he was working under great pressure and constraints.

WHAT THE HELL, BG?! That must be the stupidest thing you've ever written (football rumours stuff aside)
We were doomed when he took over and unbeaten at home for half a season after he joined.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
WHAT THE HELL, BG?! That must be the stupidest thing you've ever written (football rumours stuff aside)
We were doomed when he took over and unbeaten at home for half a season after he joined.

:lolol: It was a marvellous statement by BG.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I do not consider that Gritt was uip amongst the Mullery, Poyet Taylor 1st Catlin and of course Billy Lane. I didnt realize that we were 11 points adrift at the bottom when he took over. memory is playing havoc with me.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

He 'virtually had us relegated'? Talk about rewriting history.

Our record prior to his appointment

P22 W3 D4 L15 F20 A40 Pts13 0.59 points a game

After record during that season with Gritt in charge

P24 W10 D6 L8 F33 A30 Pts36 1.5 points a game

1.5 points a match was enough to steal the last playoff spot.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I do not consider that Gritt was uip amongst the Mullery, Poyet Taylor 1st Catlin and of course Billy Lane. I didnt realize that we were 11 points adrift at the bottom when he took over. memory is playing havoc with me.

Happens to the best of us, BG. I forgive you :kiss:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
47% each after my vote for the mighty Mullers. Those with a reasonable knowledge of our club's history would know that Mullers is the only logical option.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here