Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lunch in Hove on Friday. Any suggestions?

Glawstergull

May 21, 2004
GLAWSTERSHIRE
Hello All,
Im going to the cricket on Friday, can anyone one suggest a good pub/restaurant for lunch.
Ideally close to the Ground.
Just my cousin and I (not taking the girls as i cant be bothered to explain the LBW law again)

Thanks in advance.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
They do a jolly nice steak sandwich at Hove Place for £8 with some thick cut chips. Nice beer garden and a decent selection of beers. Just over the road, really, from the County Ground.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Hello All,
Im going to the cricket on Friday, can anyone one suggest a good pub/restaurant for lunch.
Ideally close to the Ground.
Just my cousin and I (not taking the girls as i cant be bothered to explain the LBW law again)

Thanks in advance.

Not sure what it's like in the week, but Hove Kitchen is nice and maybe a ten minute walk from the ground.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
The Cricketers for no fuss pub food. Can't get much closer.

fisons

Feb 21, 2005
I am going to Pasticcis which is the new Italian Restaurant inside the ground - you will see it as you walk into the ground.

The food there is top drawer and at high street rather than stadium prices. I had a very good meatballs and pasta for £6 during the Middlesex game and the pizza is also recommended.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Another vote for hove place. Their sharing boards are good and the menu is genuinely interesting. Plus a nice garden and decent beers. Not mega pricey. I'd say infact that the previous incarnation was pricier.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Wherever you choose to eat, always check this site out. I used to like Latino's on Church Road but not after seeing their score on here...............

Cafe Pasticci gets a 4.

www.food.gov.uk/ratings

scooter1

How soon is now?
There's a nice Indian about 3 doors down from Elliotts Estate Agts on Church Road. Its the only Indian we could find that opened on a Friday lunchtime at 12, as 12.30 is prayer time and they all shut then... The food was very good, and reasonably priced as well

dragonred

Aug 8, 2011
Hove
Indianna is the Indian restaurant by Elliotts - excellent lunch menu - Pascals do a very decent 2 course set meal (about £11 I think)..... Haven't been there but Makara opposite the blind busker gets some good feedback from people who've ventured in! Avoid GFC!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
They do a jolly nice steak sandwich at Hove Place for £8 with some thick cut chips. Nice beer garden and a decent selection of beers. Just over the road, really, from the County Ground.

This is where I was going to suggest. Don't know about the steak sandwiches, but they do a mean Sunday Roast.

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
The Foragers would be my choice .

Foragers.jpg

http://www.theforagerspub.co.uk/Map

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here