SUNNY SEAFORD
I thought it was Lightning day.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Here is some even better breaking news:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-23403935

McDonald's horse visit in Whitefield: Woman fined

A woman has been fined for taking her horse into a McDonald's restaurant in Greater Manchester.

Police said the woman, who has not been named, was in the saddle when she was initially turned away from the drive-through kiosk on Bury New Road.

The woman then led the animal inside, where it "ended up doing his business on the floor", a Greater Manchester Police (GMP) spokesman said.

McDonald's said they it was unable to serve customers on horseback.

'Distress to customers'
A spokeswoman for the company said: "On 20 July a woman allowed her pony to enter our restaurant in Whitefield after being refused service in the drive-thru lane.

"The incident caused distress to customers and disruption for the restaurant, and the police issued the woman with a fixed penalty notice."

She added: "The health and safety of our customers and staff is our top priority, and for this reason we are unable to serve pedestrians, bicycle riders or customers on horseback through the drive-thru."

Greater Manchester Police said: "The sight and smell of this caused obvious distress and upset to customers trying to eat, as well as staff members.

"Officers arrived at the location and the woman was issued [with] a fixed penalty notice for causing alarm and distress to other customers and staff."

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Ants that fly Edna. Look out your window if you're in Burgess Hill, the air is thick with these little wonders.

Yeah thanks, I know what a flying ant is :dunce: I just didn't know they all turned up at once.

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
Ants that fly Edna. Look out your window if you're in Burgess Hill, the air is thick with these little wonders.

Tis, true*, just took a breath of fresh air, and one stopped for a rest on my hand.

* only one I have seen, so cannot confirm that the air is thick of them as yet, but will keep you updated!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Greater Manchester Police said: "The sight and smell of this caused obvious distress and upset to customers trying to eat, as well as "

To be fair when I go into McDonald's, which I rarely do, I also experience this

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Apparently it crapped on the floor too, which presumably caused more alarm and distress.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
I'm in burgess hill now so can confirm this is true. Frigging things everywhere. And seeing as I work in pest control I'm expecting a busy day. Not good news :(

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Loads of flying ants along Neville Avenue, Hove.

Bugger! Thought we had our share last week when the seagulls converged in their hundreds to gorge on the little aerobic monsters.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Not looking forward to cycling down big hills later. What time do they stop? Is there a timetable?

In my experience they are at their worst between 5 and 8pm. Good luck with that bike ride!!!!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
That explains the hundreds of Herring gulls over coldean when i drove past this morning. Hangleton Valley also looked like a scene from the Birds an hour or so ago.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I do believe I just spotted a few flying ants in Burgess Hill. Though thankfully, when I walked past (not into) McDonalds, there were no horses in there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here