Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Non 0844 number for tickets?

It cost me 45p per min to call the clubs 0844 number. Until now, when I have to call I have used 01273 878288, but this number won't work now.

For some reason the online thing is saying my address does not match, and have currently been holding on the 0844 number for £17.50 so far.

Anyone have the 01273 number it sits on?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I called the ticket office this morning regarding a season ticket query and was told that I was in queue postion 6. After 12 minutes I was still in queue position 6. How the heck does that work? 12 minutes and no progress in the queue? What call can possibly take 12 minutes to resolve? Thankfully I was calling from a landline and not a mobile. Decided to send an email instead.
Some time ago I contacted Sally Townsend about the 0845 number being prohibitive if called from a mobile. I suggested a 'normal' 01273 for callers using mobiles. She was most unhelpful and did not understand the need for a normal 01273 number.

Sorry to hijack the thread with a pet peeve of mine.

Gordon Bennett

Sep 7, 2010
Where I can, I use an app called WeQ4U for 0845/0844 numbers and the costs come out of your mobile allowance which is great if (a) you have a smart phone and (b) you have unlimited allowances. Unfortunately, the club's ticket line isn't a number that's in their database so not much help in this instance! There might be other apps out there that offer similar things and which do recognise the club's ticket line number?

Magic Sponge

Jun 17, 2011
House In The Hill
I noticed that they changed from the 0845 number ( free on most calling plans ) to the 0844 (chargeable ) about a year ago.
Another cost cutting exercise I should think.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I noticed that they changed from the 0845 number ( free on most calling plans ) to the 0844 (chargeable ) about a year ago.
Another cost cutting exercise I should think.

I just rang them, on 0845 4961901, then option '1 for a member of the ticket office team', and got through immediately.

bha100

Aug 25, 2011
0844 is free or local on most landlines or order online for nothing.

0844 numbers are not free and are not included in calling plans, they are a group of numbers that have a variable charge, so for example the ticket line with the Albion on a BT line is charged at g11 which is a tad over 4p per minute plus 15p connection charge.

weetee.JPG

paul-brighton

Jun 12, 2011
Sompting
I just rang them, on 0845 4961901, then option '1 for a member of the ticket office team', and got through immediately.

Thank you, thank you for the 0845 number. Free from my landline provider unlike 0844. To the person that said do it online - that is fine but there are quite often website niggles (to be fair normally sorted fairly quickly) that require a phone call to work around them. I am close enough to the ground to just drive there and sort it but I object to doing that as they still charge a booking fee even if you turn up in person.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
If anyone has an iPhone and a BT landline, there is a BT app (SmartTalk) which enables you to use your landline's call allowance while calling from ur mobile. Well worth doing, as 0870, 0845 & 0840 calls are dearer on mobile contracts.

Where I can, I use an app called WeQ4U for 0845/0844 numbers and the costs come out of your mobile allowance which is great if (a) you have a smart phone and (b) you have unlimited allowances. Unfortunately, the club's ticket line isn't a number that's in their database so not much help in this instance! There might be other apps out there that offer similar things and which do recognise the club's ticket line number?

Thanks for the heads up, looks like a great app! :thumbsup:

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
If anyone has an iPhone and a BT landline, there is a BT app (SmartTalk) which enables you to use your landline's call allowance while calling from ur mobile. Well worth doing, as 0870, 0845 & 0840 calls are dearer on mobile contracts.

This - except it's also available on Android. Once the app is installed, it automatically routes any mobile calls to those numbers through your BT land line account instead (through VoIP similar to Skype etc). Also works abroad on a WiFi connection. Obviously this will incur data charges instead if you're not on WiFi.

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayTopic.do?topicId=35287

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here