Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar turned down 'incredible' offers to join Seagulls [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Oscar turned down 'incredible' offers to join Seagulls[/h]9:00am Monday 22nd July 2013 in Albion By Andy Naylor
2551175.jpg
Oscar Garcia watches the win over Sporting Gijon on Saturday. Picture by Paul Hazlewood
Albion’s head coach Oscar Garcia turned down “incredible” financial offers to manage in Spain and other foreign countries.
The Seagulls’ new chief was hot property after steering Maccabi Tel Aviv to the Israeli title for the first time in ten years last season.
But his heart told him The Amex is the right place to be.
Oscar revealed to The Argus: “After Tel Aviv I had many chances to earn a lot of money, much more than here, incredible money.
“But I live my life and career based on my feelings. I don’t move for money. If I did I wouldn’t be here.
“They were different countries, from Spain and other countries, but I don’t want to say the names of the clubs because they have new managers now and they will think they were not their first option.”
Oscar, as revealed on The Argus website on Saturday morning, is poised to make Swansea’s 26-year-old Dutch central midfielder Kemy Agustien one of his first signings.
Albion have refused to comment on their plans to land Agustien but the sacked Gus Poyet’s successor is eager to bolster a depleted squad.
Oscar said: “We are missing four or five players who normally started and we have to replace these positions.
“It’s not easy because we want to choose the correct ones and some of them will need time because some of them have other options.
“But we have a style. All the players know what the style is and many, many players or agents and people around the players call me, because they want to come here.
“This is a very good thing for us. It means we are doing the right things.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here