Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Fear... Brighton Gangster

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
Just noticed on Channel 4 on Demand that there is a 4 part drama series called The Fear, set in B&H. I saw a few minutes and it's about a Brighton businessman (Peter Mullen) and a scheme for rebuilding West Pier. Anyone seen it.. is it worth persevering?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
It's genuinely disappointing. Very badly written, poor acting and weak, weak story.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
5 hours of a land rover pulling up outside a flat, polish gang getting out, nothing happening then they get back in the land rover interspersed with Mullen staring into the middle distance while a crappy back story plays in his mind. Dreadful telly.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Saw it when it was on earlier this year. Rubbish TV

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Just about watchable. What hacked me off was the anachronisms with locations you notice if your a native Brightonian. For example they would be heading west past the West Pier one minute then turn a corner, new shot and they are in Kemp Town. Good performance from the lead chap as the dementia kicked in, but overall I was a bit disappointed.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Nothing happens in it. At all. Nothing. At all. Nowt.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Worst.

Brighton-based gangster-with-Alzheimers 4-part drama.

Ever.

Ha!

Seriously though, it's awful. Wooden acting, non-existent plot summed up as follows:

Old gangster gets alzheimers, loses his crackers, his kids send him onto the beach to get shot by a rival. They fill the other 8 hours driving haphazardly around Brighton and seeing a bunch of Polaks driving around a farm in a Land Rover in tracksuit bottoms and leather jackets.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Ha!

Seriously though, it's awful. Wooden acting, non-existent plot summed up as follows:

Old gangster gets alzheimers, loses his crackers, his kids send him onto the beach to get shot by a rival. They fill the other 8 hours driving haphazardly around Brighton and seeing a bunch of Polaks driving around a farm in a Land Rover in tracksuit bottoms and leather jackets.

I have to take issue with you here......

....im sure they were not Polish.

MICK PATCHAM

Banned
Feb 23, 2013
clues in the title
It was different at least ....focusing on a hard mans inevitable frailties ...but the apalling continuity of locations is jarring.

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
Just noticed on Channel 4 on Demand that there is a 4 part drama series called The Fear, set in B&H. I saw a few minutes and it's about a Brighton businessman (Peter Mullen) and a scheme for rebuilding West Pier. Anyone seen it.. is it worth persevering?

Thanks chaps... I used to be undecided now I'm not so sure... about watching it. Such a mixed bag of reports.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here