Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton Naturist Beach Etiquette-Advice Wanted

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
My friend Big Ron came round last night in a bit of a pickle, his wife has suggested that due to the good weather they should try out the nudist beach. Now Big Ron is a happy go lucky chap and quite open minded but the thought of doing this so close to home is filling him with dread.

"I dont know the first thing about nudist beaches either" he said

"Go on NSC" says i " bound to be something helpful,"

So what is the etiquette for said beach?

For example what do you do when you inevitably bump into someone from the 1901,is there a secret handshake?
Is frequent bending over to tie up your espadrilles frowned upon?
Is it permissible to walk around with a bobble hat strategically placed over your junk?

And more importantly how do you get the wife back in the good books after you have said" well yes i might consider it if you can persuade your sister to come along too"

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
I'm no expert but I would imagine that "boners" would be frowned upon as would taking pictures of your sister in law should she come along. Plenty of sun cream as you don't want to be burning the bits n bobs

Plake

Unregistered User
Nov 7, 2009
Brighton seafront
I walked past there one January and there was a bloke wearing shoes and an unbuttoned shirt only standing on the top of the shingle privacy bank staring at everyone.

Do that.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I walked past there one January and there was a bloke wearing shoes and an unbuttoned shirt only standing on the top of the shingle privacy bank staring at everyone.

Do that.

That old **** does that all summer long.

LowerWesty

LowerWesty
Aug 16, 2012
Hassocks
If your male and over 6, keep your clothes on!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Do that.

Apparently if you are Hove Born and Bred (and Hangleton raised) it's your birthright.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
The best advice I was given by a regular naturalist, was if you are laid out on the beach and you spot someone you know coming towads you, rapidly throw your towel over your head.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The best advice I was given by a regular naturalist, was if you are laid out on the beach and you spot someone you know coming towads you, rapidly throw your towel over your head.

Depends how well they know you

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
I find that strapping the stanchion to the leg avoids undesired swayage and inadvertent contact.

However, due to the general state of exposed mammaries and unkempt forestation in the vicinity, uncontrolled erectile function is not usually a problem.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Sombrero-66380599662.jpeg

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Don't let anybody know it's your 1st time! They all crowd around and then give you the newbie bumps (bit like on your birthday but involving more bouncing)

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Benders and los of Spanish men. Who are benders.

Buckley's Mad Eye

Oct 27, 2012
Seems to me that standing facing the Volkes Railway with your hands on your hips is an important part of nudist life....

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Not sure what the people were wearing the last time I passed the nudist beach in Brighton, but generally, it all looked as though it needed ironing.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Went there when I was in my 20's, so still a bit solid and nothing drooping.

Had the audacity to 'stroll' down to the water all cock sure ( mainly because of the Peebles) for a cool dip in the English.

Didn't take into account walking back up the stones to my towel with an invert because of the cold juice, so had to run ala bay watch up the beach and dive head first before the previous admirers caught site of the baby bird.

If your gonna do it, put your towel as close to the waters edge as poss!

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
As with everything on pebble beaches, you just have to grin and, err, ......................

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here