TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Can't see that tweet but wouldn't surprise me

Edit: The La Liga tweet was 6 (SIX) days ago

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I don't really understand why people find it that difficult to understand, he was a Gus signing SD said if he was offered the chance he would have preffered us so its obviously a shame but Oscar must have either thought wages would be better spent elsewhere or he just wasnt wha t he wanted, either way its done now so lets not cry about.

Thanks for the memories Spanish Dave! Short but oh so very sweet :thumbsup:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Sure I read on Twitter from someone it was a different Spanish Dave?

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
I love the guy but if he didn't sign it after a month of it being on the table then it's not really the club's fault, and the "come and get me" statement reeks of his agent trying to strong-arm the club into improved terms by appealing to the fans.

I'd have loved him to have signed the contract that was offered, but he didn't. The club can't keep the offer on the table forever, they need to make alternative plans if left hanging.

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
Different David Lopez. The one who has signed for Espanyol is David Lopez Silva

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I love the guy but if he didn't sign it after a month of it being on the table then it's not really the club's fault, and the "come and get me" statement reeks of his agent trying to strong-arm the club into improved terms by appealing to the fans.

I'd have loved him to have signed the contract that was offered, but he didn't. The club can't keep the offer on the table forever, they need to make alternative plans if left hanging.

El-Abd didn't sign the contract that was on the table for a couple of months. The length was doubled from one year to two years before he signed. What's the difference? You don't know why the offer was withdrawn.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
El-Abd didn't sign the contract that was on the table for a couple of months. The length was doubled from one year to two years before he signed. What's the difference? You don't know why the offer was withdrawn.

I posted this on another thread a few days ago, but I think it's relevant here too:-

I see a sharp contrast with the El-Abd situation. Adam was offered a 1-year deal at the same time as David. We know that Barnsley were interested in signing him; but after hearing little else, we suddenly get the announcement that he has signed a new 2-year deal with Albion. There were obviously negotiations that were going on between Adam and his representatives, and the Albion, but they were conducted behind closed doors, as they should have been.

On the other hand, we have Camp David going to the press and saying "come and get me", "we are waiting to hear from the club", "we have other offers but we want to stay at Brighton", despite the fact that the club has offered him a deal that he is apparently happy with. We will probably never know exactly what happened, but the ball was in David's court and he chose not to sign up.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester

That's perfectly true, but I don't think it detracts from anything I said. Not all players are equal and, whatever happened, he didn't deem the club's offer suitable. If the club weren't prepared to offer an improvement they can't leave the first offer hanging indefinitely, they have to withdraw it so those wages can be allocated elsewhere.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
That's perfectly true, but I don't think it detracts from anything I said. Not all players are equal and, whatever happened, he didn't deem the club's offer suitable. If the club weren't prepared to offer an improvement they can't leave the first offer hanging indefinitely, they have to withdraw it so those wages can be allocated elsewhere.

He was on holiday in Las Vegas for quite a while, maybe his agent didn't do his job properly. Who knows?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Another Twitter twit. Don't believe all you read, either on there or on here.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here