Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar aiming for handful of Albion signings [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Oscar aiming for handful of Albion signings[/h]3:00pm Sunday 21st July 2013 in Albion By Andy Naylor
2546077.jpg
Oscar Garcia
* Head coach Oscar Garcia wants to bring a handful of new players to Albion.

* The Spaniard is poised to land Swansea's talented Dutch midfielder Kemy Agustien and several more signings are likely to follow.

* Oscar, speaking before The Argus website revealed Albion's move for Agustien yesterday morning, said: "We are missing four or five very good players and for sure we will look for replacements for them. We will try to pick the correct players to continue improving the team.

* "I don't want to see the passport of the players, I want to judge them on their performances. The best players or the best choices for us will be the first eleven, and each week we can change the first eleven.

* "It depends on how they are training, how they are playing and how we want to win the games. We have to see how we can punish the opposition. Our job is the chose the best eleven to win every game."

* Oscar plans to combine English industry with Spanish artistry.**

* The 40-year-old said: "I like the English player mentality. It's different from other countries and they like to work hard from the first day. This makes me very happy and it's the first step towards improving."

* He added: "I grew up with a very clear philosophy of football and I spent all of my life at Barcelona, and I like that style. I think it's the best style to win games and for sure the fans will enjoy how we will play. This is my target. If the fans are happy, that's the most important thing for me."

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here