Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Muirfield The Open

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Couldn't see another thread. Anyone watching ?
Poulter on a charge Westwood still leading. Nice to see a course giving the pro's a challenge.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
It's been a great week's sport.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Westwood making a right balls up of this.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
He was 3 shots ahead an hour ago.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's in the bag for Mickelson, another choke by Lee. 3 over for the day.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Phil certainly is a class act.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Mickelson kept his head while the others were losing theirs, almost made it look easy.

Hope I'm wrong but Westwood is beginning to look like another Monty - can't break through in a Major despite being in contention so many times.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I fancy this might have been Westwood's last chance at a major. He's 40 now. He won't get a better chance than he had today.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I have an irrational dislike for Mickleson, in fact, I near enough hate the whoopin' yankee wanker.

I can't explain it, but it's just there. :shrug:

Phil is an angel and courteous to the crowds and officials - especially compared to Woods who seems a nasty piece of work these days.

OK it's disappointing that a European or better still one of ours didn't win this year's 'The Open' but at least Justin Rose holds the US Open title and then there's always that Ryder Cup win in front of a very jingoistic US crowd. ha ha.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Thought Westwood was very tentative today - didn't play that badly but misjudged irons at 7 & 8 cost him, then he was chasing the game. Disappointing.
Woods was woeful and looked grumpy from the first hole - didn't like playing with Adam Scott maybe?
Mickleson was superb. To shoot 66 on that course to win was brilliant. Interesting that he described it as his best round ever.
Stenson was solid without looking like winning.
Well done to leading amateur Matthew Fitzpatrick who finished on an impressive +10

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here