Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

football specials to the Amex

pete gillman

Mar 17, 2013
I read in the Argus yesterday that they are planning to charge for the football specials next season and make them pre bookable. We bought four season tickets based on the assumption that the football bus would continue as previously. This decision leaves a bad taste, it could cost the four of us an additional seventy five quid a year each in travel and will lead to people using their cars more. I gather public transport will remain free as part of the ticket but the football specials are.most convenient, especially for families.

If they need to put on more buses that's fine but I don't want to have to to waste my time fiddling around pre booking a bus and being forced to pay for it too. If we had been told this at the time of paying for our season tickets that would have given us time to consider things. To put a surcharge on now is disgraceful.

Anyone for Whitehawk FC in the future ?

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Before you get flamed to hell and back I will try and give you a sensible answer.

The club have said that it was not possible to arrange it prior to selling the season tickets.
The club did not release the information about them stopping it was the bus company. The club have said they would have like to have do things differently, but have no control over the information that B&H Buses release.
The club have put on the website journey times using the "specials" and normal transport so you can see the difference it will make.
The club have said that if you really cannot afford the extra, and the normal services are not suitable for you, then they will look at giving you a full refund for your season ticket.

Over to everyone else to flame you.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Before you get flamed to hell and back I will try and give you a sensible answer.

The club have said that it was not possible to arrange it prior to selling the season tickets.
The club did not release the information about them stopping it was the bus company. The club have said they would have like to have do things differently, but have no control over the information that B&H Buses release.
The club have put on the website journey times using the "specials" and normal transport so you can see the difference it will make.
The club have said that if you really cannot afford the extra, and the normal services are not suitable for you, then they will look at giving you a full refund for your season ticket.

Over to everyone else to flame you.

I'll second what Wardy has said, especially the parts in bold.
Barber was yesterday quoted as saying that they'd had FOUR people complain to them directly.
No, of course it's not ideal but there are plenty of free alternatives.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
If you're a newbie to forums then it's always a good idea to check a few thread titles to see if your subject has already been covered or to put in the SEARCH to see if anything comes up.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here