Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you chuck your rubbish out of the car window whilst driving along?

Do you throw your rubbish out of the car as you drive along?

• Yes, yes I do

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • No I don't but other people in my car do

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • No I fecking don't.. ever

Votes: 150 94.3%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 4 2.5%

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It seems to be the simplest way of cleaning out your rubbish from the car if the bags, bottles and fast food boxes I see on the side of the roads around Worthing is normal?

How hard can it be to wait until you stop and then put it in your own bin?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I walked from Eastbourne to Southease yesterday and was pleasantly surprised by the National Trust not putting out bins and there being very little litter.

Wholly frustrating to see wankers spoiling places for everyone else.

I've seen people just tip rubbish out of their car along Madeira Drive before setting off home.

Litter bugs should have their gizzards removed with a blunt spoon.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
It's only wankers that do.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I cannae drive, but would more than welcome being taxied someplace and on the motorway seeing the head of Clarkson being evicted through a Lada window and bouncing down the lane I'm being sped along, still looking omnisciently smug even in pained death. I'd catch it and send bits of it to other presenters I despise, a YOU'RE NEXT flag in an eyeball or earlobe opened by the personal secretary of the ever-frowning Nick Hewer.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I don't imagine the take it home campaign will have any affect on the rubbish jettisoned on the beaches or in the parks.

I was on the beach by the Marina scouting for a good fishing spot very early Monday morning last week and the amount of BBQ rubbish and detritus left at the top of the beach was shocking. There seems to be a mentality that just abandoning half eaten food and sauces and bottles within a few feet of an already overflowing bin is acceptable.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I've never understood littering. If you take stuff out with you then take it home again. Even at the Amex, why do people leave all their junk by their seat then walk past a bin to get out?

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
What about flag ends? This seems to happen a lot more than general litter.

If I'm following a car that does it is a very long blast on the hooter !

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset

I regularly get fag ends pinging off me or my motorbike, its disgusting, and in fact effin dangerous.

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East

It's amazing how some 'anti-litter' smokers think nothing of just chucking a fag end into the side of the road while walking or driving, yet would never drop a crisp packet or similar.

Weird.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
I regularly get fag ends pinging off me or my motorbike, its disgusting, and in fact effin dangerous.

HA! Punch in gob dished out to tosser who's fag end hit me square in the chest of my riding jacket ,Robin Hood roundabout,A3, London circa 1982. Even then he didn't seem to understand that what he'd done was so c***ish. Should have dotted him again...before the days of traffic cameras.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It used to be MUCH worse in the 1960s, with the first wave of mass car ownership. We used to drive up to Ditchling Common some weekends and it was unbelievable the crap people would chuck out of their car when they left.

Also, these days you see bluebells and primroses in abundance. When I was a kid people would pick every bloom and some folk would literally dig the whole plants out of the ground.

And don't start me on dog shit . . . .

Agree with whoever it was who implied litterers should have their hearts scooped out with a spoon.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
It seems to be the simplest way of cleaning out your rubbish from the car if the bags, bottles and fast food boxes I see on the side of the roads around Worthing is normal?

How hard can it be to wait until you stop and then put it in your own bin?

Is that a serious question?

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
Any one caught littering should have to spend the a day clearing up litter in the streets or on road sides. Standards in this country are shite & unfortunetley too many people just don't care. The government could easily act & it wouldn't take long to eradicate the crap nonchalant attitude that too many people have.

I personally want to look after our fine green lands. Too many people just treat as a dumping ground.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here