Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Improve the country in a year...

red star portslade

Jul 8, 2012
Hove innit
Right, you have one year to sort the country out, where would you start and what would you do?

You have complete power, nobody can stop you doing anything, you can literally do whatever it takes...

Oh, and at the end of the year if the country isn't any better you are bummed by Ian Holloway live on TV.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
free chocolate on the NHS.

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
Abolish 'Buy to Let' mortgages.
Nationalise the Railways
Create a 3 day weekend and 4 day working week (whilst still maintaining a 40hr working week for the average employee).

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Tax those earning over 150k heavily . Tax the lower incomes Less . Review all companies fat cat bonuses . Reverse the Tory privatisation of the nhs . Not allow mp to have any other business interests but pay them more . Review House of Lords . Introduce a fat tax or fast food places have right to refuse fat *******s . limit number of allowed kids per household .. working on that one . Re introduce national service . Have a celebrate thatchers death day .

Last edited:

Abolish the human rights act,child benefit for first two children only,cut job seekers allowance after six months,charge ten pounds up front for doctors appointment,reduce to five pounds when You've turned up for appointment,life means life in prison,no half sentences for any crime,one MP per county.Stop all foreign aid immediately.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Abolish the human rights act,child benefit for first two children only,cut job seekers allowance after six months,charge ten pounds up front for doctors appointment,reduce to five pounds when You've turned up for appointment,life means life in prison,no half sentences for any crime,one MP per county.Stop all foreign aid immediately.

:eek:

You've hit the absolute extremeties of extreme right politics. This makes Richard Littlejohn look like a cuddly liberal.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Scrap the pointless high speed rail link and spend the money on improving the existing rail network.

Recognise that the NHS, despite it's faults, is a fantastic service overall & reverse its gradual privatisation.

Get a grip on the utility companies and renationalise if they continue taking the piss.

Treat bankers' crimes as seriously as far less costly fraud committed by people that aren't politicians' cronies. Send some to jail.

Make it a requirement that all MPs must have had a job for at least 10 years outside of politics before they can stand for election,

Clamp down on lettings agents' rip-off fees and give the increasing numbers with no option except renting more rights.

Heavily tax second homes.

Ensure that all money earned in Britain is taxed in Britain & make that a requirement of British citizenship.

Reform the tax credit system and put the onus on employers to pay a living wage.

Divide half the PL TV money equally between the clubs (except Palace). Divide 2/3 of the remainder equally between the clubs in the next three divisions and hold back the final 1/3, allowing clubs to apply for it to be used on infrastructure and grass roots projects.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Scrap the pointless high speed rail link and spend the money on improving the existing rail network.

Recognise that the NHS, despite it's faults, is a fantastic service overall & reverse its gradual privatisation.

Get a grip on the utility companies and renationalise if they continue taking the piss.

Treat bankers' crimes as seriously as far less costly fraud committed by people that aren't politicians' cronies. Send some to jail.

Make it a requirement that all MPs must have had a job for at least 10 years outside of politics before they can stand for election,

Clamp down on lettings agents' rip-off fees and give the increasing numbers with no option except renting more rights.

Ensure that all money earned in Britain is taxed in Britain & make that a requirement of British citizenship.

Reform the tax credit system and put the onus on employers to pay a living wage.

Divide half the PL TV money equally between the clubs (except Palace). Divide 2/3 of the remainder equally between the clubs in the next three divisions and hold back the final 1/3, allowing clubs to apply for it to be used on infrastructure and grass roots projects.

I'd vote for the above, can I add, all householders issued a lidded rubbish bin FOC by the local council and failure to use it, and use it correctly generates a weekly fine.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003

You need to stand next election !

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Abolish 'Buy to Let' mortgages

I agree with the sentiment, if something is not done, property ownerships will decline for the 'many' until we have a new rich super elitist class that own all bricks and mortar. I am very much in favour of taxing buy to let property owners intelligently, this could lead to fair deal for first time buyers. Let's face it, many people got very very wealthy from increased property prices and did absolutely sweet FA work in gaining such an advantage. Tax em I say!

Last edited by a moderator:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Build, build, build.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012

To quote a very old song lyric: "Oh, you nasty man", and I do mean nasty.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I have absolute power, right?
Good. I'm off to live in southern Spain and my delegates would impose a 40% tax on all immigrants for the first five years of them living here, no benefits during that time.
Any crime committed by an 'import' would warrant instant deportation.
Stop this foreign aid malarkey until we have our own house in order.
Ban people from outbidding me on ebay.
Stop those stupid telephone marketing places from trying to sell stuff that nobody wants or needs

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Abolish 'Buy to Let' mortgages

I agree with the sentiment, if something is not done, property ownerships will decline for the 'many' until we have a new rich super elitist class that own all bricks and mortar. I am very much in favour of taxing buy to let property owners intelligently, this could lead to fair deal for first time buyers. Let's face it, many people got very very wealthy from increased property prices and did absolutely sweet FA work in gaining such an advantage. Tax em I say!

And so the non risk takers remain poor but still jealous?

Last edited by a moderator:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here