[Official Site] Oscar's Aim to Entertain

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
oscar-ld229-931742_478x359.jpg

PUBLISHED
23:39 20th July 2013
by Will Jago
New Albion head coach Oscar Garcia has told Seagulls fans he wants to give them a winning side, and that his team will be going out to entertain.*
Speaking in his first interview since agreeing a three-year contract, the former Barcelona player and title-winning Maccabi Tel Aviv boss told seagulls.co.uk, “I grew up with a very clear philosophy of football. I spent all of my life at Barcelona and I like that style. I think it’s the best style to win games and for sure the fans will enjoy how we will play, which is my target.
“I want us to play for the fans because they pay money to come and see us. I want the fans to enjoy our football and I hope they can come to most of the games. The best way to win and to grow as a club is to keep the fans happy, so if they are happy, so are we.
“I’m a person that moves by my feelings. After the feelings that I had, I had to come here, maybe that is because I couldn’t come here as a player.
“I had the feeling that it would be a very good choice for me, and I’m very happy to be here as the coach of this team.
“People have asked why I have come to a second division club but I said before that I move my life by my feelings. The same people asked me last season why I went to Tel Aviv and for me it was a very good experience to be there. I’m sure this will be the same good experience.
“I like the English player mentality. It’s different from other countries and they like to work hard from the first day. This makes me very happy and it’s the first step towards improving.”
Click here to watch the full interview online.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here