Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Jones Pleased with Albion Start

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Nathan Jones was impressed by the way the Albion players have implemented training ground methods, after they beat Sporting Gijon 2-1.
Albion’s new assistant head coach was particularly pleased with the way Ashley Barnes and Leo Ulloa executed their goals.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “We are pleased with the result and we are happy to score from a set-piece again because we have been working on them on the training ground.
“Anything you work on that comes off makes you very happy, and Barnesy showed good improvisation with his turn and strike to score the opener.
“We are pleased with the result. We are still in pre-season and we have got to remember that, but also we have been playing with mixed teams and we are trying to implement a few other things as well.
“We probably could have been a bit better with the performance and a bit more fluent in our play but we are still working on a few things. Overall it was a good workout and a good result.
“We go back to England unbeaten and we will work hard during the final games ahead of Leeds United away on 3rd of August.”
The 40-year-old, speaking for the first time since joining Oscar Garcia’s coaching staff, admitted that Brighton is one of the very *few clubs that could have lured him away from Charlton Athletic, and he’s excited by the challenge ahead.
“I’ve had interest from clubs as a result of the success we had at Chalton last season and this position at Brighton is something that I’ve envisaged doing. I took a step sideways and gave up a lot at Yeovil to go and do what I did at Chalton.
“I gambled knowing the group of players I’d be working with and we had an unbelievable year together. It couldn’t have been any better.
“I knew opportunities would come but I didn’t know how quickly. I turned down a few last season because I was content but when Brighton came I didn’t have to think too much – that’s no disrespect to Chalton.
“I’ve settled in quickly, and that’s partly to do with me knowing a lot of the players in terms of playing against and playing with them. Everyone has welcomed me really well and it’s been a good couple of days, working hard in the sun.
“I’m looking forward to this challenge and I was very excited to come, so I’m really pleased that it’s starting now.
“I’ve had a love for this club and I see the vision so it’s a no-brainer for me. Being totally professional it’s a great opportunity and I’m going to take advantage of it.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here