Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which Albion player....

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
...do you think will benefit most under Oscar's guidance compared to their experience under Gus?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

He must be even mote excited than usual at the prospect of having teammates within 50 yards of him!

We need to use him properly this season. Give him chances, he WILL score. CMS, Hoskins, Barnes and Ulloa are all goalscorers. In the right system and playing the right way.

We don't need any other strikers. We have March who is at an age to start playing when required, and we have JFC ready to play as well. Our squad may look lighter than last season, but I suspect we're just a left back and perhaps a central midfielder away from completion.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Number 9 Ashley Barnes.......
He's always had a good shot on him maybe the manager will see a rough diamond! Looking at footage of our new manager he wasn't to bad, bloody hell check out these screamers. Also Ronaldo gets a mention 46 goals in 48 games!!

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
All the young players will benefit from Oscar's tutelage, and I'm also expecting Jonesy to prove a particularly astute acquisition. Has been earning himself an impressive reputation at Charlton, so will be hoping to see more DS players breaking through to first team action.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Barnes, his touch has improved year on year, he can shoot from distance and he knows where the goal is and can lay off the ball quickly and intelligently. If he plays upfront this will be the season he sets this division and Brighton alight if OG gets the players playing to win rather than starting out trying not to lose.

If we get new players in midfield who are more solid and adventurous, which seems quite possible, then it releases Barnes from most of his defensive duties and plays to his strengths.

I think Oscar could be the making of Ash.

If the rumours about selling him are true then the above is a load of bollocks and there will be plenty of delighted Albion fans happy to see the back of him.

I also think we will also see a more attack minded Bridcutt, the one part of his game that I feel is missing.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Orlandi, we will really struggle to keep him in the January transfer window

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
All wrong. It'll be Forster-Caskey. :smile:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Make or break time for CMS at the Albion. To not fit in with the style of play of one attack-minded manager is unfortunate, to not fit in with the style of play of two attack-minded managers is something else.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Make or break time for CMS at the Albion. To not fit in with the style of play of one attack-minded manager is unfortunate, to not fit in with the style of play of two attack-minded managers is something else.

I would love CMS to do well for us this season, he comes across as a genuinely good guy and his work rate cannot be faulted, he has an eye for goal but technically I fear he may continue to struggle. I think he is better suited to a more direct style from the team.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Barnes will get the early chance to shine as a central striker. If he plays to his ability and keeps his head he will surprise many on here.
Orlandi playing behind the main strikers will be potentially a winner but might face competition from Buckley in that role.
Suspect however that the big winner will be Solly March. Have a feeling he could enjoy a Raheem Sterling style breakthrough season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here