Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ben Sampayo

oddsonlaughter

Jan 24, 2008
Hiya,

Ben Sampayo played today for my side Tranmere Rovers in our friendly against Accrington, just wondered if anyone knew if he was any good and whether you feel he would be up to playing at league one level

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Wouldn't have thought so. Was never very impressed, easily pushed off the ball - with limited ability IMO. Maybe he'll be a late developer.

Pleased he's got a trial elsewhere though.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Wouldn't have thought so. Was never very impressed, easily pushed off the ball - with limited ability IMO. Maybe he'll be a late developer.

Pleased he's got a trial elsewhere though.

Sadly have to agree. Didn't think he was great in the cup game against Wrexham a couple of years back. Having said that, Zoumana Bakayogo, another of our cast-off full-backs, forged himself a pretty decent career at Tranmere didn't he? Never know.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Wasn't our best yough player, but not the worse. Needs more development before he's a L1 player IMO. Good luck with him.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I suspect he'll go on and be England's first choice right back before too much longer. Strong in the tackle, quick to get forward, two good feet and an eye for a pass.

Get him on a 2 year deal and cash in during the January window. We just didn't notice it to be honest.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Very flexible defender who can 'do a job' anywhere but I would only be looking at him if I was a League 2 side and even then not sure he's quite ready yet (only needs 15-20 games I'd think, bit of a run).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here