Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Queems Road Ticket Office

Jul 7, 2003
When did the shop on Queens Road stop handling ticket queries?

I went in there this morning to get the boy one of the new away shirts and wanted to check what has happened to my club emails (supposedly sorted last time I went to the shop) and when the parking season tickets are being sent out. I stood next to the old ticket counter for a while and was ignored by the staff. Eventually I managed to get someone's attention but was told that they no longer handle any enquiries there and that I had to either call the club or go to the Amex. There is no sign on the counter to tell people of the change.

I assume that this was part of the cost cutting but did this come out in one of the emails I missed or has this been quietly implemented?

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
They stopped selling tickets there months ago. It was on the club website, pretty sure it was before Christmas. Might have been a bit later.

Jul 7, 2003
They stopped selling tickets there months ago. It was on the club website, pretty sure it was before Christmas. Might have been a bit later.

They were definitely still handling queries in June as I spoke to them just before Fathers day with my parking and email question.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
News from the official website on 2nd July seems to be when they announced the closure of the ticket office at Quuens Road.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
News from the official website on 2nd July seems to be when they announced the closure of the ticket office at Quuens Road.
Yeah, that's when I first heard about it. One of the posts in one of the 'booking fees' binfests linked to the announcement.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Very frustrating that , used to pop in to sort out spare tickets etc... as the AMEX is somewhat a ballache to get upto on a one off.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I think the City Centre shop is the one good thing to come out of the bellotti era and find it hard to believe that the club cannot see the market of a town full of tourists, many would like to go to a match but are probably blissfully unaware that we even have a team.

No games are advertised in the shop window and, even if they were, for the casual customer it's just way too much trouble, too many hoops to purchase a one match ticket. It's defo a missed opportunity with the 2 friendlies and the Newport game coming up.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I wouldn't be surprised if they shut the shop all together.

Nah. It might not be where the more hardened Albion fans get there stuff but does loads of trade I reckon - I've quite often seen loads of foreign students buying up shirts etc.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I think the City Centre shop is the one good thing to come out of the bellotti era and find it hard to believe that the club cannot see the market of a town full of tourists, many would like to go to a match but are probably blissfully unaware that we even have a team.

No games are advertised in the shop window and, even if they were, for the casual customer it's just way too much trouble, too many hoops to purchase a one match ticket. It's defo a missed opportunity with the 2 friendlies and the Newport game coming up.
agreed, i have seen a fair few student tourists wandering around with brighton shirts on recently, it is brilliant business, especially if we continue signing spanish people as they seem to love brighton.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
We have a shop in the centre of Brighton yet we have to go to Falmer for tickets or queries,I don't think so!
Not at all impressed with the cutbacks.

Or you could just: ring the ticket office or pop onto the internet (coincidentally what you also need to do to post here)
The club don't want you purchasing tickets in person. It's inefficient.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
They have the superstore at The Amex and the full catalogue online. Surely it's inefficient to keep the smaller shop going, especially with the big rents in the city centre.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I wouldn't be surprised if they shut the shop all together.

Hope not. If anything the club should be increasing its presence in the town, not lessening it. Must be loads of people who are only dimly aware, if at all, that there is a humungous shop out at the Amex. And even if they are aware, not everybody will be able or willing to do a family excursion out there on non-match days what with uncertainty over parking restrictions etc. In fact, are visitors to the Amex shop allowed to park in Bennets Field car park if they are visiting the shop on non-match days? If not, sems to me that allowing them to do so and advertising it widely might boost visitor numbers, especially if it can be combined with visits to Dicks Bar, brasserie, museum (when opened) etc. Reckon that area of activity is one that could be profitably expanded.

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
club has definitely made a balls up with this one, (not being able to buy tickets in the town centre)
have none of the board been to Barcelona ?,Club has shops in many shopping centres, prime locations, all selling stock at hefty prices,
and tickets !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here