Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion publish estimated bus journey times for those not opting for £75 service

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Available HERE on the official club website.

Reasonable and reassuring for anyone who is unsure as to whether they can afford/justify the additional £75 charge.

Getting to the ground from the pick up spots should not take too much longer.

Will be interesting to see the post match travel times and how they compare because I imagine, for many, that will be more important.

But reassuring so far.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Makes the whole uproar a bit silly.

UPTO 20 minutes longer to save a fiver each match, its really not that bad. With less evening games* this season, that wont be much of a problem too, buses and trains run until Midnight anyway.

* = Until January where games get moved around due to cups.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

UPTO 20 minutes longer to save a fiver each match, its really not that bad. With less evening games* this season, that wont be much of a problem too, buses and trains run until Midnight anyway.

I think much of the concern was based on how long it would take to get HOME when the entire stadium leaves at the same time (or within around 15 minutes of each other) rather than getting to the stadium.

But so far, these figures ARE reassuring.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Woodingdean folk can just get off at the top of elm grove and use the race course park and ride, can't they? I used to use the park and ride to withdean without parking.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

** and Sky shifting games forward from the Saturday to a Friday evening kick off.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
As someone who WAS concerned about either having to fork out an extra £75 or have a lot longer journey I am certainly less worried having seen these projections.

I hope they are mirrored post match.

Then all will be well.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
35 minutes from Rottingdean to the Amex via town, 50 minutfes on the R bus?

Hmmm.

It never took 50 minutes, even when traffic was backed right up. And it will take much more than 35 minutes to go into town and out again. Still, i'll give it a go!

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
I think much of the concern was based on how long it would take to get HOME when the entire stadium leaves at the same time (or within around 15 minutes of each other) rather than getting to the stadium.

But so far, these figures ARE reassuring.

Shouldnt be much different if you use the trains. Buses are fine if you pick one up at the A27/Falmer Station stop. Good communication from the club though, along with TBs e-mail today - shows the club havent forgotten the fans completely !!

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Shouldnt be much different if you use the trains. Buses are fine if you pick one up at the A27/Falmer Station stop. Good communication from the club though, along with TBs e-mail today - shows the club havent forgotten the fans completely !!

I guess the concern would be that if everyone who did catch these now gets the train and the old queue at the R,S,P etc stops may just be transported into town once everyone gets off the train and tries to catch a 12, having already queued once for the train.

But, as I said, I am much more reassuring having seen these projections. Going to be a case of giving it a go and trying to work out which route works best for you.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Just a thought, seeing as this may well mean more people use cars - when is this 4th P&R meant to be coming along ?

May well be good to put it West of Mill Road where possible.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Because of injury times, late starts, etc. midweek games will finish around 9:50. The rush to get out of the ground means if you're lucky you'll get to the amex bus stop by 10pm. Assuming you're fortunate enough to get one of the first buses, it will take, according to the club website, 20mins to get to the bottom of elm grove. It's puts you there at 10:20. The 22 is due at 10:21. The next one is not due until 10:51. That would worry me.

To get to the old steine is 24 mins, putting you there at 10:24. The 700 to Worthing is due there at 10:25 with the next at 10:55. Again, one minute leeway would worry me.

I say would, I live close enough so I walk home, so it doesn't bother me.

Last edited:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Just a thought, seeing as this may well mean more people use cars - when is this 4th P&R meant to be coming along ?

May well be good to put it West of Mill Road where possible.

I believe the club have said they can't open a fourth until the three current ones are used to their potential. Unfortunately too many all head for mill road leaving spaces at Mithras and more at the racecourse that a fourth isn't an option just yet.

Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Because of injury times, late starts, etc. midweek games will finish around 9:50. The rush to get out of the ground means if you're lucky you'll get to the amex bus stop by 10pm. Assuming you're fortunate enough to get one of the first buses, it will take, according to the club website, 20mins to get to the bottom of elm grove. It's puts you there at 10:20. The 22 is due at 10:21. The next one is not due until 10:51. That would worry me.

To get to the old steine is 24 mins, putting you there at 10:24. The 700 to Worthing is due there at 10:25 with the next at 10:55. Again, one minute leeway would worry me.

You haven't taken into account loading times at Falmer and disembarkation of passengers getting off at stops in between Falmer and Elm Grove/Old Steine

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
You haven't taken into account loading times at Falmer and disembarkation of passengers getting off at stops in between Falmer and Elm Grove/Old Steine

I believe at that time of night most stops will just be dropping off, so journey time decreases will balance out the increased loading and disembarking times.

Even if not, unless the loading and unloading takes 30mins, that still means a long wait for connecting buses.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I believe at that time of night most stops will just be dropping off, so journey time decreases will balance out the increased loading and disembarking times.

Even if not, unless the loading and unloading takes 30mins, that still means a long wait for connecting buses.
I guess it will take a couple of minutes to get 80 passengers onto a double decker , and perhaps 20-30 seconds each time while dropping off passengers at bus stops on the way. If B&H Buses use the bendibuses on the number 25 route after the game it will take even longer to get 140 on and the driver has to make sure the doors are clear after letting passengers off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here