Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

D v l a

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
my other half sent off her licence to be renewed,we checked and double checked it to ensure everything was correct

it came back today
licence for 4 months
her DOB had been put on incorrectly
now they want more proof of identity
she has been driving for nearly 50 years no points ect ect

is there no one in this bloody world who can read and do their fecking job properly

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
What angers me is when they originally introduced the photocard licence and said it had to be updated every 10 years there was no mention of a fee to renew the licence. :angry:

D

Deleted member 18477

I renewed mine last year. And it was fine....

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I renewed mine last year. And it was fine....

she renewed it when we moved and it was fine
monkeys and peanuts comes to mind

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Ect ect indeed.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
my other half sent off her licence to be renewed,we checked and double checked it to ensure everything was correct

it came back today
licence for 4 months
her DOB had been put on incorrectly
now they want more proof of identity
she has been driving for nearly 50 years no points ect ect

is there no one in this bloody world who can read and do their fecking job properly

A few years ago there was a glitch where when you got your licence back from them some lost some of there driving entitlement, ie full motorcycle licence.
The onus was on the holders to prove they had passed the relevant test as they claimed they did not keep the relevant records.
I one extreme case was a police motorcyclist ! Was a story that he re took the test on a police motorcycle.
Was always told to photocopy licence before sending it back to the DVLA.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
My last passport had my date of birth wrong by a month. I never noticed until my daughter whilst laughing at my passport photo saw the date was wrong. I have had a new passport every 10 years yet when I pointed out the error the Passport office insisted on me sending my birth certificate upon renewal. Their mistake, hassle for me.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
DVLA are a nightmare, apprently they don't make mistakes (their own words) i have to renew my License as it expired june last year, will be photocopying it before it goes in the post

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Driving *entitlement* (cars, for example) normally lasts up to your seventieth birthday. A *licence is valid* for ten years, and has to be renewed, like a passport. I should imagine it is more to do with updating the photo. You would soon find out if your passport has run out, as you wouldn't be allowed into your destination country, whereas with a driving licence, it would be told to you by plod if you were to be pulled over, and you would probably be nicked as well :eek:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
my wife was 70 LAST year but we had no indication she should renew again
good idea about photocopying though

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Me and the missus moved last year and sent off our licenses for the address change, they lost them and now want to CHARGE US for lost licenses. I still have my old photocard one with the wrong address it.

As far as I'm concerned if they ****ing lost them then they should ****ing pay for them. They won't pay and I don't see why I should have to pay again. I know I will have to give in at some point but its really pissed me off :rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Pretty sure you can get fined for not updating it with new addresses.

I have been in the same house for the last 25 years and still have a paper licence. I think it's only when you move or lose your old licence you have to shell out for the card?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here