Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alan Mullery could become Albion ambassador.

Good choice but I am not sure of roles that Football ambassadors carry out.

I would suggest that his first role in the job should be to hold a "friendship" meeting with all at Crystal Palace - venue Stamford Bridge?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Good! Cos I voted for him as bestest ever Manager.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Doesn't he already do that for Spurs? when he's not doing bits and bobs for Sky?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I thought we were meant to be cutting staffing levels at the Amex. Unless he is doing it gratis. :shrug:

No doubt he'll be able to claim petrol money in addition to a free meal and match ticket :lol:

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I'm hoping for Sir Les Patterson-type-antics from AM. You know: goin' about his ambassadorial duties whilst throwing a handful of Bronze at folk & flicking the V's. :thumbsup:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
You can sure Barber would not have let this happen had Mullery played for Arsenal rather than Spurs. :wink:

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
We should treasure Mullers. It's crazy that his links with the club became so fragile - time the great man was given proper recognition for what he did for BHA. We're more local to him than Spurs. I'd love to think he was at most or all home games.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Don't have a problem with Mullers becoming a Club ambassador, and it is probably now the right time to fully welcome him back into the fold - assuming he isn't already doing the same for Spurs or Fulham? The footie played under his tenure in the late 70's was superb when he generally did and said the right things plus his rivalry with counterparts at Palace are legend.

He certainly deserves a place on the wall of fame, irrespective.

Funnily enough I'm not sure I can find the same feeling for Jimmy Melia who took us to the exalted heights of the FA Cup final and replay which are memories I will never forget but somehow doesn't generate the same feelings about his place in our firmament.

The only minor irritant is that I perceived Mullers and to a greater extent Lawro barely acknowledged our existence for many years while we were unfashionable and plumbing the depths of League 2, but now we are back in the big time they are happy to be associated with us. Maybe I'm being a bit sensitive about the past. However right now I'm happy to give Mullers in particular the benefit of the doubt. Good old boy.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The only minor irritant is that I perceived Mullers and to a greater extent Lawro barely acknowledged our existence for many years while we were unfashionable and plumbing the depths of League 2, but now we are back in the big time they are happy to be associated with us. Maybe I'm being a bit sensitive about the past. However right now I'm happy to give Mullers in particular the benefit of the doubt. Good old boy.

I don't think you could blame him tbh. The way the club treated him in his second tenure was nothing short of disgraceful.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It must be said that Harry Bloom, I think he was Tonys grandad, and Alan Mullery were the very best of mates so possibly that would explain the building of bridges now under TB.

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
Don't have a problem with Mullers becoming a Club ambassador, and it is probably now the right time to fully welcome him back into the fold - assuming he isn't already doing the same for Spurs or Fulham? The footie played under his tenure in the late 70's was superb when he generally did and said the right things plus his rivalry with counterparts at Palace are legend. SO SINCERE WAS HIS HATE FOR PALARSE HE BECAME THEIR MANAGER,HIS PALACE HATRED BEING SHOWN AS PURE POSTURING FOR THE CAMERAS

But my real objection to this "role" is the way he stabbed us fans in the back over the Bournmouth anti Archer protest.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
But my real objection to this "role" is the way he stabbed us fans in the back over the Bournmouth anti Archer protest.

He certainly went down in my estimation after he made those comments. Still our greatest ever manager though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here