Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Sun

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Who exactly buys this shit? Today's story claims Tito Villanova's throat cancer is a right touch for United as it boosts their chances of getting Fabregas.

'Hilarious' play on words with his name as well, ta ta Tito, it's all Villan-over.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
No wonder we never get any votes in the Eurovision Song Contest. Tasteless.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
I thought this was going to be a thread questioning where the Sun has gone, for all those who've been stuck working indoors all week, and want to enjoy it on their long awaited day off....

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Who exactly buys this shit? Today's story claims Tito Villanova's throat cancer is a right touch for United as it boosts their chances of getting Fabregas.

'Hilarious' play on words with his name as well, ta ta Tito, it's all Villan-over.
You do, apparently!:)

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
You do, apparently!:)

Haha! Nope, not me, read about it elsewhere. I don't even pick it up in the kebab shop! (Maybe it's just kebab shops that buy it)

Haven't bought it since their charming close up whole front page of Marc Vivienne Foe's dying breath.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford

That's disgusting but not unexpected for a paper with such a low standard of morals.

BuddyBoy

Mar 3, 2013
The Scum. Never buy it. Foul politics, insulting writing, and forever in solidarity with the 96.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Does it really say that??

Since when has the mild mannered Barca coach been a target for the English press anyway?

If that's true it is absolutely disgusting.

I would imagine a fair percentage of their readership don't even know who Villanova is, let alone wish him any ill. Why on Earth would they print something so tasteless about somebody so unassuming?

D

Deleted member 18477

I don't buy it... I do 'read' it online though, along with daily mail, guardian, BBC news, BBC sport.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
I generally think that if they got rid of page 3, there circulation would plummet.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
It says Man Utd's chances of landing Fabragas have dramatically increased following the shock resignation of Tito after another cancer setback. Also that because of the uncertainty of who will be coach they may have a better chance of getting their man.

I wish that was the worst thing that the Sun had ever written.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
An interesting thing that The Sun is planning for next season's football coverage includes getting their match reporters to do a small piece to camera previewing games for the new premium section of their websites. You can imagine how much Phil Thomas, their man on Merseyside, is looking forward to standing outside Anfield at 2.30 on a Saturday afternoon and talking to a cameraman. Easier just to put a big target on his back ...

Did the article REALLY use the expression 'right touch'? Or are you sensationalising? Sun-style?

northampton_seagull

Jun 17, 2008
Northampton
The gist of the article is that Tito Vilanova's sudden departure, due to a relapse of throat cancer, has caused uncertainty at Barca and Man Utd will be hoping they can persuade him to leave during this time.

@Timbo you are over sensationalizing the story. Have you read it?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here