Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Email from Tony Bloom...

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Dear Titanic,

I am delighted to write to inform you that in the last 24 hours we have agreed a three-year contract with Oscar Garcia as the club's head coach. We have also appointed Nathan Jones as assistant head coach, and Juan Torrijo and Ruben Martinez as assistant coaches.

It is no secret that it has been a turbulent summer for the club, with the ongoing situation concerning our former manager Gus Poyet - but it was a process which unfortunately was entirely necessary for us to go through. It has not been easy for any of those concerned or the club - but it is a process which has been conducted in the proper manner, in the right way for Brighton & Hove Albion and with the unanimous support of the board of directors. It would be wrong of me to divulge specific details of the process or the reasons behind it, so I hope our fans will continue to trust our judgement in running the club and we can all draw a line under a difficult period.

We appreciate it has also been a tough situation for our fans, with very little communication from the club because of this process. We can now return to our normal open and transparent approach.We have a fans' forum - a great opportunity to meet Oscar, who will be on the panel, along with Paul Barber and myself. That takes place on Thursday 1st August at the Amex, and details of how to attend are on the club website.

Recruitment of players is another area I know many of you are keen to see some activity, and our recruitment team, led by David Burke, have been identifying targets and we expect to see some more movement on this front over the next few weeks.

Meanwhile, work also continues at the new training ground, with Martin Perry, Derek Chapman and the construction team on schedule for delivery next summer.

With our new management team in place, we can begin to look forward to the new season kicking off at Leeds United on Saturday 3rd August with a real sense of excitement.

The club has made significant progress in the past three seasons, and our aim is to continue this progress under Oscar's guidance. His footballing principles and philosophies will ensure we continue to play with the style and in the way our fans have become accustomed. Oscar likes to play a high-tempo passing game, with an onus on attack, and I am sure the club's supporters will be eagerly anticipating the season ahead with him at the helm. His record at Barcelona was excellent and he is held in very high regard by the Catalan club. That is no surprise, as he won a lot of silverware with the club's youth teams and oversaw the development of players through Barca's renowned player development system. He further enhanced his credentials with an excellent debut season with Maccabi Tel Aviv in 2012/13, leading the club to their first league championship for a decade, and I hope he is able to transfer that level of success to our club.

All that remains is for me to thank you once again for you support during this challenging period and say how much we are all looking forward to another exciting season at the Amex.

Tony Bloom

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
image.jpg

I really like the club badge that is in the header of the e-mail

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
No mention of new flavours with the pies then ?

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
Dear Titanic,

I am delighted to write to inform you that in the last 24 hours we have agreed a three-year contract with Oscar Garcia as the club's head coach. We have also appointed Nathan Jones as assistant head coach, and Juan Torrijo and Ruben Martinez as assistant coaches.

It is no secret that it has been a turbulent summer for the club, with the ongoing situation concerning our former manager Gus Poyet - but it was a process which unfortunately was entirely necessary for us to go through. It has not been easy for any of those concerned or the club - but it is a process which has been conducted in the proper manner, in the right way for Brighton & Hove Albion and with the unanimous support of the board of directors. It would be wrong of me to divulge specific details of the process or the reasons behind it, so I hope our fans will continue to trust our judgement in running the club and we can all draw a line under a difficult period.

We appreciate it has also been a tough situation for our fans, with very little communication from the club because of this process. We can now return to our normal open and transparent approach.We have a fans' forum - a great opportunity to meet Oscar, who will be on the panel, along with Paul Barber and myself. That takes place on Thursday 1st August at the Amex, and details of how to attend are on the club website.

Recruitment of players is another area I know many of you are keen to see some activity, and our recruitment team, led by David Burke, have been identifying targets and we expect to see some more movement on this front over the next few weeks.

Meanwhile, work also continues at the new training ground, with Martin Perry, Derek Chapman and the construction team on schedule for delivery next summer.

With our new management team in place, we can begin to look forward to the new season kicking off at Leeds United on Saturday 3rd August with a real sense of excitement.

The club has made significant progress in the past three seasons, and our aim is to continue this progress under Oscar's guidance. His footballing principles and philosophies will ensure we continue to play with the style and in the way our fans have become accustomed. Oscar likes to play a high-tempo passing game, with an onus on attack, and I am sure the club's supporters will be eagerly anticipating the season ahead with him at the helm. His record at Barcelona was excellent and he is held in very high regard by the Catalan club. That is no surprise, as he won a lot of silverware with the club's youth teams and oversaw the development of players through Barca's renowned player development system. He further enhanced his credentials with an excellent debut season with Maccabi Tel Aviv in 2012/13, leading the club to their first league championship for a decade, and I hope he is able to transfer that level of success to our club.

All that remains is for me to thank you once again for you support during this challenging period and say how much we are all looking forward to another exciting season at the Amex.

Tony Bloom

Exciting times ahead, nice email from Tony,thank goodness we've got him at the helm

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Nothing about the buses though in his email

Would you like him to drive them as well? Why would he want to comment on the nitty gritty of the day to day affairs when he is writing on what had happened since the end of the season, I think he employs other people to do that :rolleyes:

We are no longer a one man band.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
No email here yet

Tory Boy

Jun 14, 2004
Brighton
Nothing about the buses though in his email
F*** the buses, if he is happy then so am I.

Our club must really be in the financial mire if we can only afford a £25,000,000 training ground on top of a £100,000,000 best 30,000 ground in the world.

It didn't quite happen just year, might not happen this year, but be in no doubt we will make the Premier League, and stay there.

TB

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Can't bring himself to thank Gus for the past three years or wish him well for the future.

Why would he? He has had to sack a manager who he has backed fully during his time and probably feels pretty let down. The email is about moving forward as it should be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here