Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Orlandi on way to La Liga ?

gordonchas

Jul 1, 2012
According to todays Mirror Orlandi is wanted by Elche & Getafe , in his last year of contract so maybe angling for a new deal ?

Elche won't pay a transfer fee for a player except in the most exceptional of circumstances. They do, however, need cover on the left. If there was ever any truth in that rumour (and I haven't seen his name mentioned on any local forum or twitter feed) I suspect they simply asked if Brighton wanted to get rid. Almost certainly the same thing would apply to Getafe.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Was it Orlandi who made some comment about the fact that he liked playing in England because you actually got paid, something that wasn't always the case outside the top few clubs in Spain?

If he does go, will he take Calde, his driver, with him????

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Getafe were awful, looked like a league 2 side.

Doubt he would go there when his dream is to play in the prem.

Doubt they could also afford 2-3m fee for him.

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
If Orlandi was English the media would be wetting themselves about him being the most talented player in the county.

He is not and hopefully that means we get to keep this special talent.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Elche won't pay a transfer fee for a player except in the most exceptional of circumstances. They do, however, need cover on the left. If there was ever any truth in that rumour (and I haven't seen his name mentioned on any local forum or twitter feed) I suspect they simply asked if Brighton wanted to get rid. Almost certainly the same thing would apply to Getafe.
Howcome? Thought they had a fair bit of money behind them, hence why they smashed up Segunda last season? Did they just pay large wages to free agents?

Regardless, don't think there's anything to worry about with this. Orlandi will be a key player under Oscar.

Last edited:

gordonchas

Jul 1, 2012
Howcome? Thought they had a fair bit of money behind them, hence why they smashed up Segunda last season? Did they just pay large wages to free agents?

No, we (that is, Elche) were promoted with a very modest budget indeed. And this coming season, although we shall probably be the 8th best supported side in La Liga, the budget for players is the equivalent of around only £11m. Only Rayo Vallecano are likely to have a similar wage bill. Villarreal, who finished behind us, for example, will be spending £45m.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Getafe were awful, looked like a league 2 side.

Doubt he would go there when his dream is to play in the prem.

Doubt they could also afford 2-3m fee for him.

They only played 6 first team players according to naylor... Also finished 10th in la liga last season.

But I agree he won't go there.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Orlandi is essential part of our team. After Buckley he would be the hardest to replace.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here