Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Oscar Agrees Three-Year Deal

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Oscar Garcia has agreed a three-year deal as head coach of Brighton & Hove Albion, and revealed his new-look backroom team who will join him at the American Express Community Stadium.
The 40-year-old former Maccabi Tel Aviv boss and Barcelona youth team coach put pen to paper on his contract earlier today - along with his new coaching team.
He commented, "I am delighted to have signed a long-term contract with the club and I am now very much looking forward to the challenge ahead.
"Brighton is one of the most exciting clubs in Europe and the potential here is very good. The squad is strong and the footballing set-up is excellent. The aim is to continue the good progress that the club has made in recent seasons.
"I have already received a very warm welcome from the club's staff, players and supporters. Brighton & Hove is a very nice city, the stadium is superb, and a world class training facility is being built for our use from next season. Pre-season preparations are going well and like the supporters I am looking forward to an exciting season."*
Oscar has recruited two of his loyal assistants from his time at the Nou Camp and in Tel Aviv: 44-year-old Juan Torrijo and 36-year-old Ruben Martinez.
Also joining the backroom team is former Albion left-back Nathan Jones as assistant head coach. Since leaving Albion for Yeovil Town in 2005, Jones, 40, has been first-team coach and assistant manager at Huish Park and last summer joined Charlton Athletic as part of Chris Powell's backroom staff.
Albion chairman Tony Bloom commented, "I am delighted to welcome Oscar, Juan and Ruben to the club, and welcome back Nathan - who served us with such distinction as a player.
"The club has made significant progress in the past three seasons, and our aim is to continue this progress under Oscar's guidance. His footballing principles and philosophies will ensure we continue to play with the style and in the way our fans have become accustomed.*
"Oscar likes to play a high-tempo passing game, with an onus on attack, and I am sure the club's supporters will be eagerly anticipating the season ahead with him at the helm.
"His record at Barcelona was excellent and he is held in very high regard by the Catalan club. That is no surprise, as he won a lot of silverware with the club's youth teams and oversaw the development of players through Barca's renowned player development system.
"He further enhanced his credentials with an excellent debut season with Maccabi Tel Aviv in 2012/13, leading the club to their first league championship for a decade, and I hope he is able to transfer that level of success to our club.
"He brings with him Juan and Ruben, and has also appointed Nathan, as he was keen to add someone with English coaching experience and a good knowledge of the Championship. Nathan has impressive coaching credentials and we are delighted to have him back at the club."

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here