Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bloc Party live at Latitude on BBC 6Music like now!

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
They were very good when I saw the at the Brighton centre about 5 years ago. Gone downhill since though unfortunately.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Never got them I'm afraid.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Silent Alarm Remixed is a great album with contributions by Four Tet, Mogwai and Erol Alken amongst others.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Liked the first two albums, but then started to find Kele's voice and lyrics too annoying. Everytime I've heard them live it's sounded like a trebly mess. I'll remember them for producing the UK's only shoegaze top 5 hit in So Here We Are, which is a fine shimmer of a song.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Liked the first two albums, but then started to find Kele's voice and lyrics too annoying. Everytime I've heard them live it's sounded like a trebly mess. I'll remember them for producing the UK's only shoegaze top 5 hit in So Here We Are, which is a fine shimmer of a song.

I have seen them live at The Brighton Centre, Reading and other largish venues and agree with the sound quality. Also saw them twice at Concorde 2 when they did some 'secret warm up' gigs. These were much better in a smaller place.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Their drummer is a Bournemouth fan.

Their drummer is AMAZING. So much that is good about Bloc Party is the sheer ferocity of his drumming. Have to agree with everything above though, it's all about silent alarm. I really like the new single though, a return to form and Kele's solo album was good (albeit patchy)

boik

I have seen them live at The Brighton Centre, Reading and other largish venues and agree with the sound quality. Also saw them twice at Concorde 2 when they did some 'secret warm up' gigs. These were much better in a smaller place.

Saw them at the Concorde2 on the Silent Alarm tour and thought they were amazing. Made the mistake of seeing them at Earls Court which has somewhat sullied the memory.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I think everyone's a little harsh on Bloc Party. Their debut was one of the best debut albums of the 00's & Weekend In The City wasn't far off it. Intimacy scared the rockists because it was more synth based but was a far better effort than say Editors attempt at doing a synth album. Four was a reasonable comeback.

Back in the day I saw them many times in venues varying in size and don't remember them being anything other than great, perhaps I was lucky.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here