Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So far we have signed.....:.!!!ONE!!! fullback

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
The squad is good but it is not setting things alight. Still need more options at full back and a top signing in central midfield IMO:

GKs:
Kuszczak
Brez
Ankergren

Centre Backs:
Upson
Greer
Dunk
El Abd

Right Full Backs:
Bruno
Calderon
El Abd

Left full backs:
Chicksen
Upson

Central midfielders:
Bridcutt
Crofts
Harley
Orlandi
Forster-Caskey

Right midfielders/wingers:
Buckley
Lua Lua
Orlandi

Left midfielders/wingers:
Lua Lua
Buckley
Orlandi
Chicksen

Forwards:
Ulloa
CMS
Barnes
Hoskins

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Not sure if you're aware but the club is looking to cut costs in all areas and this will certainly include the playing budget, we've made one young promising signing for free and probably on lowish wages, upson again was free and wages hopefully not too high. This isn't the poyet era any more and I wouldn't expect us to see us spending willy nilly on Holroyds and Harleys.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
What about maksimenko, barker, march? (for your squad lists, not as new signings, obviously)

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Matthew-Upson-0012.jpg

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
So far we have lost bridge, hammond, vicente, dave, dicker and painter. Realistically only dave, hammond and bridge were starters and we would always struggle to replace the quality of bridge. You would expect/hope jfc and march could cover the roles in the squad of dicker and vicente and chicksen for painter.
We dont need significant changes, additional lb and midfield player (poss 2) and we have a chance. Like others have said with ffp we will be reducing budget on players so only expecting couple more in and window closes in 6 weeks so nothing to worry about yet

Buckley's Mad Eye

Oct 27, 2012
OK I forgot Upson which makes a mockery of the thread title. The point is, apart from our new manager, our new left back and the DS, who or what is going to make the difference this season from last season. Was Gus right to question whether we have reached the roof?
Gus was a prick.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
4 more decent signings short of a top 2 finish ( LB, ST, MF, MF ). If we can get 3 of these in before Leeds then it all looks good. Still 4 weeks after that until the window slams shut.

The first 11 is fantastic, but we need a great first 18.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
4 more decent signings short of a top 2 finish ( LB, ST, MF, MF ). If we can get 3 of these in before Leeds then it all looks good. Still 4 weeks after that until the window slams shut.

The first 11 is fantastic, but we need a great first 18.

What world do you live in? ANOTHER striker? 5? We need one midfielder and a winger. Give Chicksen and Maxsimenko a pop at left back, JFC a chance in midfield and Solly March a go on the wing. How much money do you think we can invest?

Jaguar_uk

Jun 1, 2013
Yes we did hit the roof as far as the player budget goes, now we all have hope the new manager can get the best out of lesser known names.
Personally I'm optimistic as I think that even if we don't make it to the promised land then I think we will entertained by his brand of football.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
It is important to remember that 3 players who became first team regulars (Hammond, Lopez and Orlandi) only signed on deadline day last season. We also didn't sign Upson and Ulloa until January. Therefore, barring Bridge and Noone (and in terms of talent Vicente), we haven't lost any players who were regulars at this time last season. With Orlandi, Upson, Ulloa and Chicksen (obviously don't really know how good he is yet) having come in since then, I would say we have a stronger squad than this time last year. Therefore, I'm not too worried.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
What world do you live in? ANOTHER striker? 5? We need one midfielder and a winger. Give Chicksen and Maxsimenko a pop at left back, JFC a chance in midfield and Solly March a go on the wing. How much money do you think we can invest?

Agreed,I think only Bridge is Imo the only really big lose... Maybe Lopez, which was a strange one as we could have signed him if really wanted, so maybe there is something in the pipe? Hammond also is rumoured to still be on the cards.

Cm/winger should do it. With Hoskins, CMS and Toby knocking on the door we should be alright

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Barker and Agdestein are not good enough. Barnes is played in midfield. Leo is great, but CMS and Hoskins are injured. Hoskins has given back nothing so far for his 2 years wages.

So yes, another striker in my opinion ( on my planet that is ) is vital.

Maxsimenko is a CENTRAL defender. Chicksen is a rookie at this level.

We have lost 4 midfielders, so even allowing for JFC and March that is 2 to find.

Budgetwise we have the same as last year ( supposedly ), so we have the wages of Bridge, Vicente, Spanish, Hammond, and Dicker available, given that Painter's cover Chicksen.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here