Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Sky had to drop

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
If Sky had to drop one of their cricket commentators who would you choose. My choice would be Nasser.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Tough one. They all have strengths and weaknesses apart from Botham who is brilliant.

On balance I'd have to say Nasser Hussain. I think Atherton has a dry sense of humour and is very good technically. Bumble is quite funny and a bit of a character. Strauss is interesting because of his insight into the present day England set-up and opposition. Nasser doesn't really bring anything to the party anymore. I think you could say the same about Nick Knight in the studio as well.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Nick Knight is the Andy Townsend of the team - no insight, just statement of obvious facts. Taxi for Knight.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I don't have Sky but I would have thought you could just mute the TV and put TMS on, I know I would :thumbsup:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
"Sir Ian" would be no great loss.

His analysis of bowling at modern-day tailenders was paper thin.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Stauss, annoying as hell. Every time I hear his voice I want him to stop immediately. Not a good new addition.

Broady

Apr 17, 2011
Stauss, annoying as hell. Every time I hear his voice I want him to stop immediately. Not a good new addition.

I am actually quite interested in what he has to say. Mainly due to the fact he was recently a team member of the current bunch and captain too. So I think he offers a pretty interesting insight that maybe none of the others could right now. I can understand if you find his voice irritating though.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Sky like to employ recent captains of England. Personally, re Strauss I find it interesting listening to the views of a bloke who was scheming with Flower only a few months ago, i.e. on how England judge when to declare, when to use the review system, how they prepare for certain situations.

Once you've been out of the side for a few years you then lose that 'insider' knowledge. You then need to bring something else to the party. Michael Vaughan's at that stage now, but I think he's got a bright future. I get the feeling with Nasser that other Sky members think he's a bit of a cock.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Nick Knight is the Andy Townsend of the team - no insight, just statement of obvious facts. Taxi for Knight.

Is the correct answer. Didn't someone off this board once date him or know someone who had who said he was the most boring man in the world.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I should also add it's high time they bought Bob Willis and Paul Allott back into the fold and Charles Colville doing the presenting.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I should also add it's high time they bought Bob Willis and Paul Allott back into the fold and Charles Colville doing the presenting.

I was going suggest getting rid of Willis - I find him so moany and miserable. Commentator-wise – as much as I admire him as a player, it would probably be Botham for me. A mix of stating the obvious with a touch of "I wouldn't have done it like that/I could have got 200 runs on this wicket" are not really what I'm interested in hearing. Plus his 10-0 comment is a little bit too much. I know it is all banter, but some things simply don't have to be said.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The beauty of Willis is that he speaks his mind frankly, and that's what makes watching "The Verdict" worthwhile. If someone deserves to be slaughtered he'll slaughter them. How often do you see that in football commentary?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I like the fact Beefy made the "10-0" comment. He's enough of a character to back it up if challenged, but more than that it's a judgement supported by facts that says more about the state of Australia than it does about England.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here