Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Villarreal and Norwich tickets sent in seperate envelopes

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Got my tickets for the friendlies today in two envelopes, despite the fact they were ordered at the same time as part of the same deal.

Trivial perhaps, but the club is trying to save money and this should be a no brainer.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Hey , at least they've arrived - got about 4 separate matches I'm waiting on :p

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Got my tickets for the friendlies today in two envelopes, despite the fact they were ordered at the same time as part of the same deal.

Trivial perhaps, but the club is trying to save money and this should be a no brainer.

You're absolutely right...bearing in mind that the Royal Mail charge around £3k for delivering 10000 letters for businesses and that doesn't include intangible costs such as staff placing the tickets in the envelopes, covering letters,etc; it seems like a waste of money to me.

The staff time it takes to match up separate ticket orders and achieve a co-ordinated envelope stuffing may well be more expensive than a slick process to dispatch individual orders one-by-one.

Mar 13, 2012
A little surprised when buying 5 tickets for the Villareal game in person that instead of just printing off the tickets and handing them over I was told they would be posted -Don't get it at all - still luckily I paid my £7.50 in booking fees so that should cover it.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Two people in the ticket office with separate piles of tickets to mail out ?

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I would be very surprised if the ticketing system didn't allow tickets to be printed on a per customer or order basis as opposed to per match. If not they should be talking to their software provider. Then again being a smartcard holder it could have just been added to that.

Just seems at the moment the new professional era involves making people redundant and finding new ways to charge customers/fans (let's not get into that one again) as opposed to looking at process improvement.

Might drop Paul Barber a line.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I just phoned the ticket office to say my ONE envelope only contained the one ticket, rather than both, and could they send me a duplicate of the missing one, which he said he would do ??? No mention that it is probably in another envelope on the way. Shambolic :rant:

nail-Z

Jul 10, 2003
North Somerset
I bought my season ticket seats for the Villareal match. I am assuming that the match has been loaded to my smart card, as I have just received the RECEIPT in the post without any physical tickets.

They've never bothered sending receipts for cup games in the past, why bother with a friendly?

:confused:

Spun Cuppa

I bought my season ticket seats for the Villareal match. I am assuming that the match has been loaded to my smart card, as I have just received the RECEIPT in the post without any physical tickets.

They've never bothered sending receipts for cup games in the past, why bother with a friendly?

If you look at your 'purchase history' in your online ticket account, it should say your method of entry. If it says 'smartcard activation', it's loaded onto your card. If it says 'printed', it means they will send you paper tickets...:)

nail-Z

Jul 10, 2003
North Somerset
If you look at your 'purchase history' in your online ticket account, it should say your method of entry. If it says 'smartcard activation', it's loaded onto your card. If it says 'printed', it means they will send you paper tickets...:)

I hope that's not true. It says printed but there were no tickets in the envelope.

I suppose I should give them a call...

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I got my Norwich tix today but no Villarreal which is odd as the Villarreal match is before the Norwich game & I order tix for both games at the same time

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I have received my Villarreal ticket (yesterday), but not the Norwich one I booked at the same time.

toff79

Aug 8, 2011

i bought my season ticket and have been sent printed tickets

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Just a receipt for one game but no ticket so loaded onto ST or what? Waiting for a reply from customer services how you love that term when linked to a football club

Spun Cuppa

My second ticket turned up this morning

Separate envelope, another name and address ticket, the ticket itself, and another receipt ticket

I'm hoping this new ticketing software system can do a bit better than that tbh ???

Not a pop at the ticketing staff, who I know go way beyond the call of duty :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here