Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion in Spain: Ulloa so happy at Albion [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Albion in Spain: Ulloa so happy at Albion[/h]9:00am Friday 19th July 2013 in Albion By Andy Naylor
2548331.jpg
Leo Ulloa training with Albion in Spain. Picture by Paul Hazlewood
Leo Ulloa has removed any doubts over his Albion future by revealing he is still happy to be at the club.
The Argentinian hitman’s assurances follow the departure of Gus Poyet, who brought him to the Seagulls from Spanish side Almeria, and appointment as head coach of Oscar Garcia.
Ulloa was signed in January by Poyet in a £2 million deal on a four-and-a-half year contract.
He spearheaded Albion's Championship promotion challenge with ten goals in 20 games, then looked on from a distance in the immediate aftermath of the play-off defeat by arch-rivals Crystal Palace as Poyet was suspended and eventually sacked for gross misconduct.
Ulloa returned to Almeria to be with his wife for the birth of their second baby daughter.
Speaking to The Argus through a club translator at Albion’s Segovia base near Madrid, he said: “I lived it from a distance, because after the Palace game I went to Spain.
“When I got here the whole club was very stable. Now there has been a lot of change. It’s a little bit strange but I’m not surprised because I have seen it before at other clubs. These kind of things happen in football.
“Now everything is a lot clearer and we are working well with the new staff. In my own opinion we are still missing a few players but hopefully we will be ready for that first game of the season.”
Ulloa has welcomed the appointment of new head coach Oscar Garcia and remains committed to the cause, in spite of the unsettling summer.
He said: “I am very happy to have him (Oscar) here. I didn’t know him from before in Spain but I’ve heard good reports from some old players he played with.
“They have spoken very well of him and from what I’ve seen in the last few weeks it’s not going to be very different in terms of how we play.
“I’ve been very happy in the time I have been here and I am still very happy to be here. Everybody has been very nice to me and they seem to appreciate what I do on the pitch.
“As far as I am concerned, the club is still going in the same direction and wants to get better. I want to give something back on the pitch for what the club and supporters have given to me.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here