Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Question for regular H/P/R/S bus users ?

Will you pay the £75/£.4.75 for the new bus ?

• Yes

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • No

Votes: 37 94.9%

• Total voters

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
The other thing I would like to know from people who are willing to pay this. How do they feel about having to be on the bus at a certain time. What happens if you are late home from work and you just miss your bus.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm not a REGULAR user of the bus service, as we (almost) always get a ride with my folks who have a space in BF (and thus pretty much NEVER use any of the transport options, that my 3 x travel contributions are helping pay for). On the odd occassion when that hasn't been possible, we've parked near the Grenadier and got the H bus. Now, despite having paid 3 lots of 'travel tax' for two seasons, and only using the services about 4 times, I'd be expected to pay more still to use it on those few occassions. No chance I'm paying it.

I'll park in Tongdean and get on a Mill Road P&R bus.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I may occasionally use it for evening games but other than that, I'll be making alternative arrangements which will probably involve being nice to the wife in return for a lift to the ground.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The other thing I would like to know from people who are willing to pay this. How do they feel about having to be on the bus at a certain time. What happens if you are late home from work and you just miss your bus.

What is it with you people?. Whilst admitting that the Club have goofed in their handling of the situation, whats's wrong with taking two public buses to the Amex, changing in the city centre?, you can stiill travel for FREE that way!. ok so it will add a bit of time to your journey, but so what!. Honestly some people don't just want butter on their bread, they want jam too.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
What is it with you people?. Whilst admitting that the Club have goofed in their handling of the situation, whats's wrong with taking two public buses to the Amex, changing in the city centre?, you can stiill travel for FREE that way!. ok so it will add a bit of time to your journey, but so what!. Honestly some people don't just want butter on their bread, they want jam too.

You mean use regular buses with other members of the public!? :mad:

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

It is a matter of a charge for something that worked well and lots used which is why the club now see it as something they can squeeze some cash out of

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
No chance of me using the replacement for the R bus. P & R from the race course from now on, or cycle to the ground.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I always got the S/H bus, but it seems i now have 5 options

Pay for the S/H bus
Walk the 5.5 miles to the stadium going up coldean lane !
Cancel my season ticket
Kill Myself
Walk another 250 yds to the Mill Road Park and Ride

I'm considering

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

You quite clearly haven't tried using those services you mention !!!!!!

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
For those living Woodingdean way, the new roadside path/pavement on the Falmer Road seems well under way so walking or cycling may now be a safe option.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
It is a matter of a charge for something that worked well and lots used which is why the club now see it as something they can squeeze some cash out of

Yeah, but l guess they have to try and address this 8.5 million shortfall somehow, and by charging this is one of the ways they are going to try to do it. It just means people will have to fork out, or travel free by public bus. No real hardship surely?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Why not charge for the P & R buses then ? It's the same principle

Exactly. Or stick with my I think excellent plan from a few months back of charging people to go to the toilet at Falmer.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Exactly. Or stick with my I think excellent plan from a few months back of charging people to go to the toilet at Falmer.

I like this idea. Would you charge by the kilo? What about loyalty cards?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I just can't justify spending an extra £75 on top of the £530 (or whatever West Upper now works out as over a season of direct debit) so no, I won't be using it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here