Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Leo Eyes Up New Season

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Leonardo Ulloa is relishing the opportunity to spend a full pre-season with the Seagulls and says it will bode well for the 2013/14 Championship campaign.
The Albion striker hit double figures last season, despite only joining the club during January, and he is now looking forward to a full season at the Amex.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “Last season went very well but that was last season and I’ll start again from zero. I’ve prepared as well as possible to have a good season. I’d love to keep the same level as last season, and the season before that at Almeria. The more goals I score the better we will be playing as a team.
“I have been very happy since I’ve been here and everyone has been very nice to me. I concentrate on doing my stuff on the pitch. The club is going in the right direction and wants to keep getting better.
“It’s good to start from pre-season and we get to know everyone really well. Players and staff, and how we connect with each other. It will be much better for me.
“Last season Macca [Craig Mackail-Smith] and Will Hoskins had injuries and I would love the situation to be that everyone is fit. That will make everything a lot more competitive and then we’ll get the best out of each other. I’d rather have everyone fit, which gives us a chance to fight for our place.”
The 26-year-old has also been impressed by head coach Oscar Garcia, after hearing positive reports about the Spaniard following his summer arrival.
“I’m very happy to have Oscar here and the way that everything is working. I didn’t know him before but I have heard some good things about him from some other players that I’ve played with. People have been speaking very well about him.”
Meanwhile, the Seagulls take on Sporting de Gijon during their second pre-season friendly on Spanish soil tomorrow and Ulloa is expecting another tough test against the Segunda Division side.
“I know a few of them from being Argentinean, from playing with them or from playing against them. It will be a good test.
“I also know their manager and they will play good football and will try to keep possession. Teams are in different states at this time during pre-season but we’ll see how they are.
“The most important thing is that we play with as much intensity as possible and that we don’t get injured, but I'm sure it will be very good.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here