Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Protest against Barber

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Does anybody think some sort of protest should be organised against Paul Barber for home games this coming season?

The guy is getting out of control and doing his best to ruin this club.

He has a history of rolling up, pissing everybody off and then dissapearing leaving a lot of discontent behind him.

Does he attend games? Perhaps he could be hounded from the directors box? Massive banners? Pitch invasion etc etc.

Thoughts?

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Stupid thread.

Paul Barber is employed to do a job that few will like. He is very hands on with the fans and will happily interact. Without going into personal details he has come across very approachable and kind and helpful beyond his specific job role.

I'm not sure why it is fashionable to dislike him.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Stupid thread.

Paul Barber is employed to do a job that few will like. He is very hands on with the fans and will happily interact. Without going into personal details he has come across very approachable and kind and helpful beyond his specific job role.

I'm not sure why it is fashionable to dislike him.

I got the impression from the constant "Barber OUT" comments on here that he was universally disliked.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Protesting against Barber is effectively protesting against Bloom. He is the hatchet man for Bloom working within the remit that was agreed upon when he took on the job.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I got the impression from the constant "Barber OUT" comments on here that he was universally disliked.

Thats what happens if you are stupid and gullible.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Does anybody think some sort of protest should be organised against Paul Barber for home games this coming season?

He has a history of rolling up, pissing everybody off and then dissapearing leaving a lot of discontent behind him.

Does he attend games? Perhaps he could be hounded from the directors box? Massive banners? Pitch invasion etc etc.

Thoughts?

Can you give examples where he had pissed everybody off and disappeared. By all accounts he did a good job at Spurs, the FA and Vancouver.

Also, you wouldn't be protesting against Barber, you would be protesting against Bloom.

Dumb idea.

Oct 6, 2010
Yes Barber is ruining the club by trying to increase turnover and perhaps even turn a profit one day.
Here's an idea, why don't we invade the pitch and hold up banners demanding that we move back to Gillingham.
Twonk.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
The problem with running around saying 'But if only the Tsar knew, none of this would be happening!">

The Cossacks work for the Tsar.

NCBHA

Jan 31, 2011
So in a nutshell Junior, your entire point is based on reading threads on a forum and zero fact!

His job is to run a commercial business. Like it or lump it, BHA are a brand as well as a football club hence one of the top 20 globally recognisable companies sponsoring our kit and the stadium.

Come back when you have something real to moan about!

Do you think Mr. Bloom would give a sh*t about a poxy banner?

"I'm sorry Paul, I've got to let you go, this is the fourth week in a row they brought a bed-sheet with some crappy black paint on it. I know you've done a fantastic job at attracting a large amount of corporate backing and increasing all our revenue streams so that we operate successfully under financial fair play. But this is football, and the fans don't seem to understand what it takes to run a football club successfully in the modern game..."

We have nothing to moan about, we have a great new coach (fingers crossed), some FANTASTIC players and an INCREDIBLE stadium. Nah f*ck it, lets invade the pitch...

danish seagull

Apr 16, 2012
København

Thoughts?

I think there are too many bell ends who support this club, just my opinion though... He's there to do a job that Bloom has asked him to do. Bloom being the man that has spunked the best part of 140m odd of his own money on our club. I wish people would just shut the **** up about Barber. If a banner goes up near me it'll get aggressively ripped down - ungrateful ****s

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
The man's doing his job, if he wasn't pissing some fans off he probably wouldn't be doing his job properly. Wait for the annual extra 10p on a pint and 20p on a pie to be announced....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here