Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hammond - Would you want him back?

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Someone mentioned Hammond in the Jones thread, would you want him back?

Experienced Championship player who by all accounts is available for either a very low fee or for a free so he won't break the bank.

Knows how we play, got better towards the last part of the season.

Makes sense to me if he returned ???

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Not a bad squad player. He got some (often justifiable) stick last year, but vastly improved towards the end of the normal season. That form convinced me he's still good enough at this level.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Assuming that OG does not have a similar type player in mind then I would be pleased to have him back as I think that he was one of the major success for us last season.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I prefer Crofts to Hammond, as long as he is given free rein to get forward. GP played them as centre-circle patrollers, which Hammond probably is more than Crofts. Swerve Hammond and get a young buck in from the DS or elsewhere :)

Buckley's Mad Eye

Oct 27, 2012
Hammond would be alright on a free with low wages, I'd rather they knocked £2 off a match ticket than pay a mediocre player £6k+ a week.

Spun Cuppa

I would much prefer Hammond to Crofts given the choice and based on last seasons performances

Do you not remember Crofts bombing forwards at Withdean, and unleashing twenty five yards drives goalwards? Hence a big money move to Norwich. GP played him in a defensive midfield role, and took away his natural instinct to pile forwards, which I hope will be reversed by OG, who hopefully will see enough to ask him to do that job :)

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I'd be happy for JFC to take Hammond's place, however I do think he was fantastic for us last season and vastly underrated.

That'd leave Orlandi and JFC in the middle though, we would need a bit more presence in there in my opinion.

Also, I personally believe that Hammond was better than Crofts last season :shrug:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Do you not remember Crofts bombing forwards at Withdean, and unleashing twenty five yards drives goalwards? Hence a big money move to Norwich. GP played him in a defensive midfield role, and took away his natural instinct to pile forwards, which I hope will be reversed by OG, who hopefully will see enough to ask him to do that job :)

I did say based on his performances last season as he has looked a shadow of the player we sold to Norwich and thn represented Wales. In fact he was poor last season even taking into account the role Gus had him play, which he didnt and couldnt do very well.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
Hammond is too slow......committed but nothing special......we have bridcutt, so no need for Hammond.....saying that, he is better than Crofts and not bad to have in the squad.

Spun Cuppa

I did say based on his performances last season as he has looked a shadow of the player we sold to Norwich and then represented Wales. In fact he was poor last season even taking into account the role Gus had him play, which he didnt and couldnt do very well.

Er, that would be because on both counts he wasn't playing his natural role. It would be like asking Vicente to play Bridcutt's role ???

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Would take him on a one-year deal.

He only has a year left at Saints , think he'll want a 2 year contract plus the option of an extra year to come and join the Flairistas.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here