Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NEVER give up on your Pet.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I did post a while back that my Golden Retriever was sentanced to death by the vet earlier this year. He gave up on him and said he should be put down within 2 days. Well we said BOLLO*KS to that and with a new drug regime, 8 pills a day for life and due care 24/7, attending to his paw with washes, bandages and socks he is still here 100 days on and is absolutely ROCKING, 15 on 14/8/13.

Don't give up, keep battling and do the best for your pet at all times. Don't necessarily take the word of the vet, he may not know the fight of your Dog or pet and how much they want to battle on.

Sorry for the indulgance but this milestone is something very important to us, 100 days of extra life. 100 glorious days. Harry is a WINNER !

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
100 days ago he could barely walk with the swollen paw. The vet assumed it was cancerous and said " the game is up, he is very ill, lame and in pain, he needs to be put down this week " Well, we said DO ONE and with a new course of pills and me doing my own home remedy of washing his paw in a warm antibacterial wash, bandaging it daily and then putting a sock over it he has had 100 extra days so far. He could barely stand 100 days ago and now trots outside to the garden and is loving life. We have been out and about many times and he has had a new lease of life. He acts like a puppy now at nearly 15. So, NEVER give up.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I made a pledge to Harry to be there until the end and I will fulfill it.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
His swelling on his paw has gone down by half. He is now trotting on it and putting full weight on it whereas he could barely walk on it 100 days ago. I am very happy.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
A heartwarming tale

I had to take my three year old's Staffie to the vet, as it had a bit of a problem. The vet looked her over, picked her up and was feeling her belly, and his smile disappeared as he said he would have to put her down :eek:

I asked what the problem was if it was terminal, and the vet said, 'No. It's just heavy...' :)

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
Mate,
Vets are there to help us but no-one ever knows the animals like their owners. Fight for him as long as he wants it

Trevor

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I did post a while back that my Golden Retriever was sentanced to death by the vet earlier this year. He gave up on him and said he should be put down within 2 days. Well we said BOLLO*KS to that and with a new drug regime, 8 pills a day for life and due care 24/7, attending to his paw with washes, bandages and socks he is still here 100 days on and is absolutely ROCKING, 15 on 14/8/13.

Don't give up, keep battling and do the best for your pet at all times. Don't necessarily take the word of the vet, he may not know the fight of your Dog or pet and how much they want to battle on.

Sorry for the indulgance but this milestone is something very important to us, 100 days of extra life. 100 glorious days. Harry is a WINNER !

Wonderful news indeed !

Sadly my beautiful GR had to be put to sleep at 5 years old, probably after consuming something poisoned on the downs, never any clarification, and this after three weeks of taking her into the vet's each morning and picking her up early evening. Soul destroying

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
His swelling on his paw has gone down by half. He is now trotting on it and putting full weight on it whereas he could barely walk on it 100 days ago. I am very happy.

great news.

had a bit of a scare with my old retriever today (is 13). where she refused to jump down from the car boot. just half-stood there shaking and very nervous. any attempts to move her she would flop onto her belly - wouldnt take food, nothing. she is pretty old and not as mobile as she was (i have to carry her into the boot as she cant jump in anymore) and in the end i just had to pick her up before she could flop again and hauled her out. but she then was very nervous about even taking the few steps down into the house :(

im hoping it was just the heat (hosed her down afterwards) and not something more serious

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Just an infection then, not a cancer?

A bone infection most likely. On painkillers and antibiotics for life ( not cheap ) but the swelling is down 50% and he now trys to run on it ! I just LOVE his zest for life. For sure this beast has taught me so much about life.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Goldens live to 12 on average so I must be doing something right. 15 on 14/8.

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
not wanting to put a downer on the mass celebration, but a qualified vet told you over three months ago that the dog was suffering and should be put down, and you've pumped him full of drugs and he's dancing a jig? maybe he's in agony and can't tell you. just a thought.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
If you pet is in pain and suffering then the best thing for the animal is what is important above all else, it might not be something you want to do but sometimes having an animal put down is the best thing for it. I hope your dog hasn't suffered too much over the last 100 days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here