Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Second Investec Ashes Test, England v Australia, Lords

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Play will commence 15 minutes late, at 11.15am so the teams can be introduced to the Queen beforehand.

Could her Maj not have just popped down 15 minutes earlier?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Predictable changes from both teams. I'm not keen on the England change there.

For me I'd have kept Finn in for Lords. If I had dropped him, it would have been Onions coming in.

Khawaja for Cowan was inevitable. Starc is a bit unfortunate, but Harris is quicker and the pitch should have a lot of bounce.

Harris and Pattinson together will be the ANGRIEST bowling combination we've seen in a long while.

Harris and Pattinson, later today: :angry: :angry:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Bloody Queen. Complaining about the royal baby delaying her holiday, now delays the cricket by 15 minutes. Perhaps she had to set off after the time her OAP bus pass is valid. We're all in it together.

Aug 23, 2011
For me I'd have kept Finn in for Lords. If I had dropped him, it would have been Onions coming in.

Khawaja for Cowan was inevitable. Starc is a bit unfortunate, but Harris is quicker and the pitch should have a lot of bounce.

Harris and Pattinson together will be the ANGRIEST bowling combination we've seen in a long while.

Harris and Pattinson, later today: :angry: :angry:

I agree, dropping Finn is only going to dent his confidence more and makes it harder to bring him back later in the series. Also as its his home test and he generally does well there could have been a boost for him and even if the Aussies targeted him then surely more chances of him getting wickets. I also thought he bowled quite well in the first innings

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton

Finn at Lord's is certainly a force, but if Swann and Anderson can keep form then Bresnan isn't a bad shout. Should re-enforce the batting more than Onions would, and it's not like he's a bad bowler.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Finn is on his way down to Sussex to play for Middlesex now too !

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Predictable changes from both teams. I'm not keen on the England change there.

Agreed, typical saftety first decison from England. Bresnan hasn't impressed me with the ball for a while, he looks like a trundler.

Harris is Australia's best seamer IMHO. He'll be a handful. Khawaja is as much as test match number 3 as Cowan, I wouldn't expect much from him.

Great toss to win, in recent years, first day batting conditions have been good. The wicket tends to to be quicker on days 2 & 3 before flattening out and getting slower on the last couple of days. I wouldn't expect much turn or movement off the seam.

England need a first innings score in excess of 400 I reckon.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Agreed, typical saftety first decison from England. Bresnan hasn't impressed me with the ball for a while, he looks like a trundler.

Harris is Australia's best seamer IMHO. He'll be a handful. Khawaja is as much as test match number 3 as Cowan, I wouldn't expect much from him.

Great toss to win, in recent years, first day batting conditions have been good. The wicket tends to to be quicker on days 2 & 3 before flattening out and getting slower on the last couple of days. I wouldn't expect much turn or movement off the seam.

England need a first innings score in excess of 400 I reckon.

Bresnan migh not have impressed but Finn's looked plain awful.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Bresnan migh not have impressed but Finn's looked plain awful.
Finn had a couple of spells at Trent Bridge that suggested something to work with, although you're right in that overall he wasn't good enough.

But why drop Finn after just one match, for the game on his home pitch? Seems odd.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here