Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This year will be Orlandi's year

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Scored in both friendlies so far and it seems he is playing further forward than last season, much closer to the striker where he can be have more freedom and be more influential when we attack...

I really think he could be the main man this year. Anyone agree?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The 433 system that Oscar prefers should suit him, although it may mean that Kaz gets fewer games.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Scored in both friendlies so far and it seems he is playing further forward than last season, much closer to the striker where he can be have more freedom and be more influential when we attack...

I really think he could be the main man this year. Anyone agree?

I do as it happens, with the notable exception of the playoff games he seemed to get better and better as last season went on. He's a fine player at this level.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Agree - he's qualla and he's going to embarrass a few people this coming year with his sashaying movement, eye for space and ability to knock the ball into the net from 30 yards with the merest flutter of his eyelashes.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Orlandi will have a good season.

But for me, this is the year Ashley Barnes finally becomes recognised as an Albion legend by everyone. 20 goals, countless assists, he's going to boss defences all year.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
He's on the Argus back page today talking about how Oscar's style of training session reminds him of his Barca days (understandably) and that he feels it's going to get the best from him.

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
Interesting how OG likes to play right wingers with left feet and vice versa - might see KLL on the right and WB on the left - should confuse a few opposition coaches looking at old DVD's! With AO sitting next to Ulloa as well.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Orlandi has the potential to be something quite special. He's got the technical ability - I did wonder whether he was "robust" enough when he first arrived but I think he acclimatised to the more physical aspects of the game at this level. If he's clicking with Garcia, we could be in for a treat this season.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
He's on the Argus back page today talking about how Oscar's style of training session reminds him of his Barca days (understandably) and that he feels it's going to get the best from him.

WOW. I've got to say that the noises coming out of the (playing side of the) club over the past few days has been really really encouraging; and this is just another reason to be cheerful IMO.

For me the new season can't start soon enough.

Orlandi needs to step up his work rate this season to make a big impression . He has a tendency , like Lopez, to go missing. I do like him though.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here